Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the best bit of radio you've ever heard?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This beats EVERYTHING

[yt]cC2vprpDtY0[/yt]

Classic :lolol:

'Two different versions'. Classic.

As an occasional Brazil listener, I'm not surprised. He's what the phrase 'dumbed-down' was invented for. I think they only keep Irani on now to make him look better.

I always console myself with the knowledge that when Brazil played for a really big club at Man Utd, he was sick in the changing room before every game and totally useless. Not a phase of his career you hear much mentioned, funnily enough.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
'Two different versions'. Classic.

As an occasional Brazil listener, I'm not surprised. He's what the phrase 'dumbed-down' was invented for. I think they only keep Irani on now to make him look better.

I always console myself with the knowledge that when Brazil played for a really big club at Man Utd, he was sick in the changing room before every game and totally useless. Not a phase of his career you hear much mentioned, funnily enough.

Brazil is an utter oaf.
I was listening to this on the way to work and nearly crashed laughing as him and Parry tried to dig their way out of it. :lolol:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We've had the best TV shows, best films, best songs, so what about the best bit of radio?

I've got one or two I'm thinking of, one especially pertinent for tomorrow, but meanwhile, let's start with this chestnut...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/olmedia/cta/sport/programmes/tms/legover.ram

I love that clip. "Oh Aggers for goodness sake stop it" :laugh:

I also vaguely remember from years back a local radio station reporting from a Sussex match came out with "..And Eddie Hemmings is out in the middle measuring his length" :eek:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Maynot be up there but well worth a mention is our own Harty, who had been on about the (lack of) skills of a player affectionatly known as 'Trolly'....and the next caller is....???

I, like many, found a new respect for McCammon after that night.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Whenever that German fellow (ashamedly, his name escapes me, possibly Henning something or other) is on 'Fighting Talk' but especially Christmas Day 2007, when I was half-pissed, putting together the Christmas Dinner :)

plus John Peel's 50th birthday concert plus the Friday Rock Show Top 20 Songs of All Time (caps, because it's Tommy Vance) until it went from 'heyyyy, class songs' to 'heyyy, Def Leppard again'

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
You know what, in our own ways, I'd like to think we both came out of a fairly f***ed up situation ok.

Or maybe I'm just dramatising it in my head.

Well I think I'm OK now... I've still got CM 01/02 if you wanna' borrow it again :)

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
The Blood Donor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Non footy related but this is one that always made me laugh, good to still hear them on Radio 7. Normally one you can here one on listen again;

BBC iPlayer - Comedy Catch Up: Hancock's Half Hour: Michelangelo 'Ancock

Best footy one has to be huddled around a phone at Loch Ness hearing Hawsey commentate on Palace 0 Brighton and Hove Albion 1. My sister recorded me the phone in on tape and I use to play it in my old car. Nearest I can find online is this, great dummy corner by Seb to start the clip.

YouTube - Paul McShane - Brighton vs Palace October 18th 2005

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
When Mark and Lard did Tubular bells on Radio 1 for every link for about an hour.

I used to love their show on Radio 1 apart from the music which they always took the piss out of anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here