Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the best bit of radio you've ever heard?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
not your albion roar....though I have to say its the best bit of radio arse licking I have ever heard:glare:

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Whilst driving a lorry in Surrey in the late 80's, I heard Spike Milligan recount a story where his neighbour leans over their dividing garden fence and says, 'Spike. I've just heard you on the radio...', to which Spike replies, 'I've just seen you in your garden...'

Top lunacy :laugh:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Brian Johnson and Jonathan Agnew when Ian Botham "didn't quite get his leg over".

Classic!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The moment on BBC local radio when the commentator announced the final whistle at Hereford.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The moment on BBC local radio when the commentator announced the final whistle at Hereford.

There was a site about 7 years ago now with loads of little local radio Albion clips like that (not albionarchives)...not sure what happened to it. Definitely had something to do with a NSCer who had a name something like Wazzer....Wozza...Buzzer...Bozza etc...

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Or a traffic report on one of London's many radio stations along the lines of, 'There's a slow moving load on the M25, travelling at 5mph...' Slight pause, then concludes with, 'Probably overtaking most of the traffic then....' ???

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
That was my choice, TLO. Coincided with a spanking of Yorkshire, by Sussex.

For good measure...

Botham+leg+over.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was listening to local radio I think...for the first half at least, when I chickened out and switched off at half time because I couldn't bear to hear us go out of the Football League with such a whimper!

I honestly can't remember who I was listening to come the end. Probably SkySports:lolol:

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
8th August 1993 on Radio 1, when Dave Lee Travis went off on a rant stating that he could not agree with changes that were being made to Radio 1. He told his audience that changes were afoot that he could not tolerate - "....and I really want to put the record straight at this point and I thought you ought to know - changes are being made here which go against my principles and I just cannot agree with them..."

Sublime radio.!!!!!

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
You've got to be old for quality radio, it was called the wireless then. My favs are so old they don't exist on you tube.
Any round the Horn episode "My names Julian and this is my friend sandy" or Bob Newhart as Sir Walter Raleigh phoning Queen Elizabeth 1st to tell her about tobacco and potatoes. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here