Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is that tag thing on the right hand side of the thread title ---->

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Not the paperclip the other thing.

When you put the cursor over it some very strange cmeents come up

For example Mendoza's poll he just started it says "media whoring mental oriental"

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Oh yes, and they all seem relevant to the thread. How odd. Are they new, never noticed them before.

They are the tags, which have seemingly just been enabled. They seem very random at the minute; for example the one on this thread is "no-one tell him". Err, right, okay.

edit: just realised I haven't explained what they actually are. They should act as a kind of 'key words' facility, giving some insight as to the content of the thread. They are used by search engines (both NSC's internal and externals such as google) to identify relevant topics.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Who is doing this?!!!!! Surely there isn't some sad person, somewhere adding this detail all the time?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Booooooooooooooo.

Whoever is doing it has labeled the Tour thread with 'cycling is not a sport'.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
They are the tags, which have seemingly just been enabled. They seem very random at the minute; for example the one on this thread is "no-one tell him". Err, right, okay.

edit: just realised I haven't explained what they actually are. They should act as a kind of 'key words' facility, giving some insight as to the content of the thread. They are used by search engines (both NSC's internal and externals such as google) to identify relevant topics.

Well that's ruined that then

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Tags have always been enabled, I believe. That is to say I've not enabled them today or in recent memory anyway.

I just don't think they've been used much before.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Is it safe to say that we should get rid of the tags? After half an hour all we have is people writing opinions in the tags.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What a weird feature! And you can add the most irrelevant rubbish onto the tags. Not that I would of course. Mmmmm, Apple!

Tags have always been enabled, I believe. That is to say I've not enabled them today or in recent memory anyway.

I just don't think they've been used much before.

I remember seeing them briefly a few months back before they disappeared, but they definitely suddenly appeared around lunchtime today as I (being the sad geek that I am) noticed them at the bottom of all the topics straight away.

edit: Bozza, you can see that they came in at some point between 12:53 and 12:58 today as the thread titled 'Just an idea' has last post at 12:53 and has no tags, and the next one 'God Lord I'm at my desk and drunk' has them.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I remember seeing them briefly a few months back before they disappeared, but they definitely suddenly appeared around lunchtime today as I (being the sad geek that I am) noticed them at the bottom of all the topics straight away.

Cross my heart they've not been enabled today - I think people have only just started populating them (again) today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here