Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is it with the tories

gull-able

Banned
Jan 21, 2009
A lib/ lab coalition is clearly democratic and if it offers the way forward for PR then it is the best thing for this country, at this election the breakdown was as follows.

conservative 36 % of vote
Labour 29 %
Liberals 23 %

Looking at that it is clear that lib/lab have a clear mandate to govern, and with Brown Gone it is even clearer as a large part of the tory vote was simply anti brown. The sooner we move to full PR the better as it is ludicrous that any party could have an overall majority with only 40 % of the vote.
Furthermore cameron cant argue he has a clear mandate to govern, it is a staggering edightment of his ability to lead that despite having gone through the worst recession ever, and with a completly uncharasmatic lump of a pm he still cant win a majority, by any right this election should have seen a tory landslide the likes of never seen before. Bring on PR and lets banish stupid undemocratic governments forvever.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
2 500 000 more people voted for the Conservatives than the other largest vote. It at the moment seems Labour won the election and will be in power tomorrow with Gordon Brown still the PM at no 10. You couldn't make it up.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Has anyone else noticed how it is the labour supporters who are most vocal and viciferous about how they should be the rightful new government (even though they didnt get as many votes as the Tories). Whereas the Tory supporters are tending to be somewhat more gracious about it, and allowing the process to be carried out by the MPs and relevent authorities.

What's the matter Labour Boy, scared you are going onto the scrapheap any day now?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
So the largest party has no part of the new government...

Theres something quite not right about that. It does not sit well with me.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
2 500 000 more people voted for the Conservatives than the other largest vote. It at the moment seems Labour won the election and will be in power tomorrow with Gordon Brown still the PM at no 10. You couldn't make it up.
And whose fault is that?

As I understand it, Clegg went off to see Cameron because Cameron had the largest number of seats. If that doesn't happen, there are two alternatives: a minority government or another coalition.

I don't see what is wrong with trying to form another coalition. It's only the Tory supporters who are bleating about it really.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

2, 102 289 people actually, lucky you don't have a job where facts and figures are important.

If Labour and Lib Dems form a coaltion they'd have 4 725 649 more voters in support of them than the Tories, and that doesn't include any of the other parties which will make up the coalition.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Has anyone else noticed how it is the labour supporters who are most vocal and viciferous about how they should be the rightful new government (even though they didnt get as many votes as the Tories). Whereas the Tory supporters are tending to be somewhat more gracious about it, and allowing the process to be carried out by the MPs and relevent authorities.

What's the matter Labour Boy, scared you are going onto the scrapheap any day now?
personally want the liblab coalition to come about, there is so much nasty medicine to be dished out, whoever gets in , would prefer that lib/labs get the blame, the coaltion to fall apart and the tories get elected in about a year with a spanking majority :thumbsup:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
And whose fault is that?

As I understand it, Clegg went off to see Cameron because Cameron had the largest number of seats. If that doesn't happen, there are two alternatives: a minority government or another coalition.

I don't see what is wrong with trying to form another coalition. It's only the Tory supporters who are bleating about it really.

Clegg has been clearly paying lip service to the tories, he had no intention of forming a caolition with them whatever they offered.
His MPs and party members would have hit the roof and cast him aside.

2 sinking parties are just getting together here to stop the tories getting in.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Let me guess who voted for

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
personally want the liblab coalition to come about, there is so much nasty medicine to be dished out, whoever gets in , would prefer that lib/labs get the blame, the coaltion to fall apart and the tories get elected in about a year with a spanking majority :thumbsup:
Me too:thumbsup:Cant wait for that greasy snide milliband to f*** it up, if you looked up the image of odious he would be looking straight back at you.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The labour government lost, they should not be allowed anywhere near power. Ridiculous comment to say that it is democratic. The only party that should be allowed to form a government is the conservatives as they have the most amount of seats. Anything else is ridiculous.

gull-able

Banned
Jan 21, 2009

if we can assume 36% of total vote is the best the tories will ever get, and with PR rightly coming down the line, the is only one party heading torwards the political scrapheap ..................tory boy,

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I know you are getting irate US, but what do you suggest we do, go without a Government for a few days/weeks?

The Facts are that until Cameron, Clegg, Brown and all the others decide what they are going to do, you need a Government in place. Cameron could have said that he will go with a minority Government day 1 and Brown would be out. :facepalm:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So the largest party has no part of the new government...

Theres something quite not right about that. It does not sit well with me.

Given that Gordon Brown was an unelected PM in charge of the most reviled (allegedly) government for years who have been in power during one of the worst financial collapses since the " South Sea Bubble" and dragged us in to wars in Iraq and Afghanistan....it says a lot that the Cameron and the Tories could NOT gain a majority surely ?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Let me guess who voted for

As stated on another thread, not me, I did not vote for the Tories. My point is that it seems like the Labour supporters are getting so much more wound up about how they should have won than anyone else.
:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
2, 102 289 people actually, lucky you don't have a job where facts and figures are important.

If Labour and Lib Dems form a coaltion they'd have 4 725 649 more voters in support of them than the Tories, and that doesn't include any of the other parties which will make up the coalition.

cock

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I agree with that. I think the best place at the moment is in opposition. I can see why Lib Dems want power - it's been 70 years for them - but I can't see why Lab or Cons are in such a hurry. They'd have to keep a coalition going, keep the markets happy and be voter friendly - an impossible task surely.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

:lolol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
if we can assume 36% of total vote is the best the tories will ever get, and with PR rightly coming down the line, the is only one party heading torwards the political scrapheap ..................tory boy,

You might be right, we won't know till it happens, but please don't call me Tory Boy, that is something I am not.

Surely though, if the Tories got 36% of the vote, under PR then they would be eleceted, no? Don't get me wrong, I am asking a genuine question, with PR, is it the most votes that wins it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here