Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is it with Swindon fans and being deluded

Sep 1, 2010
To be honest, if it was a draw today then i would not of felt aggrieved. However, it was not anywhere near 'played off the park'.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Although they gave the ball away softly at times, for the most part they played some good passing football. Not as good as us, but one of the better performances from an opposition at Withdean this season.

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Certainly didn't look like a team in the relegation zone. They should on paper stay up, and they actually have a decent squad to be able to do that.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Full credit to Swindon, they deserved something from the game, unlike everyone else this year (except Peterborough)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Havent you lot looked at the league table? They'd need our sort of form to stay up. It's not going to happen.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They played well but ran out of steam at the end. I was worried at 1-1.

Really ?
I must be getting complacent, because I really wasn't worried at all. It looked like another routine 3 points all the way, they equalised FAR too early. And lets face it, even if you equalise in the 92nd these days, you're still not assured of coming away with anything !

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I thought they played some good football, if they carry on playing the way they played today they wont be going down!

Sadly it is surely too late. Had they grasped the nettle and rung the managerial changes earlier then maybe a rescue act could have been on, but when you see comments that they don't miss Greer and yet have leaked goals all season until recently, all whilst failing to score regularly, it's hard to sympathise. For whatever reason they didn't replace Gordon until it was too late. (The guy they are now bigging up as being more than a replacement gave away two penalties today!) Crucially they didn't replace Paynter or Austin. Wilson's fault or their chairman's? Their fans blame both and excuse both, seemingly in equal part, but somewhere in the middle of the two a good little club have been driven to relegation and who would now bet on them going out of business in the next few years?

Sad to see because I always thought of them and Reading as being very similar clubs to ourselves when I first started watching football. We have all had our day in the sun over the years and now we are on the up and of course Reading have been there for a while but Swindon? Well I wonder if they really care? Very poor away support just when they need the fans behind them in numbers. The passion seems just not to be there.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
That shot banged back off the bar would have to constitute a goal threat surely.

Swindon deserved better than nothing today, but when you are doen the bottom it soesn't work like that.
God knows we ought to know this over the years.

Totally agree with you Bazza. I kept thinking how bizarre it was to see a side play that well against us & be virtually propping up the table. It looks like it ain't gonna save their arses this season, but then we were being given the last rites this time 2 years ago & we managed to beat the drop.

Oh, & how good was Prutton today? Reckon he was different Bovril meself. I don't want to sound like I'm twisting the knife (honest), but I wouldn't be complaining if he signed for us in the Summer at the second time of asking.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
In the second half they were knocking the ball about like we do.
I thought they deserved a point, but that's the way it goes down the bottom.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Totally agree with you Bazza. I kept thinking how bizarre it was to see a side play that well against us & be virtually propping up the table. It looks like it ain't gonna save their arses this season, but then we were being given the last rites this time 2 years ago & we managed to beat the drop.

Oh, & how good was Prutton today? Reckon he was different Bovril meself. I don't want to sound like I'm twisting the knife (honest), but I wouldn't be complaining if he signed for us in the Summer at the second time of asking.

On the flip side, how out of shape did Douglas look?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They played the ball about a lot but then lacked concentration and lost it and apart from the lucky goal, which appearred to take a deflection and the one chance that hit the bar they produced nothing.

For their effort they deserved a point, for their goal threat they got what they deserved nothing, Anybody suggesting we should try to sign Prutton must be deluded, how many balls did he put through to his forwards, none. He is not a patch on our existiing midfielders and would only add strength to the reserves.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Prutton's best game (one of very few good games from what I've read) all season. Maybe he thought we would still be interested?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I thought they played the passing game at least as well as us, and at times did dominate, for example in the first half after we got our penalty. They looked decent. They certainly did not play us off the park - but looked like they should be well clear of the relegation places. I think Easy may be right - they did not have Murray.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
depends on where you were sitting i bsuppose but stonewall penalty deliberate trip although totaly unnecessary as there appeared no real danger as for their goal it looked as though it swerved late but cant be sure

Agreed nailed on 2nd penalty, didn't spot the trip

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
They deserved a point and were the best away team at withdean this season, passing and attacking throughout the match unlike Peterborough who only started playing when they were 3 nil down. I don't know enough about them to say why they're in the position they're in but if they've been giving away soft penalties like yesterday that may to go someway to help explain it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here