Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is going on at Liverpool?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Having sat on many FA panels and hearings at county level I can say without any fear of contradiction that it is most obvious and apparent that in the eyes of most panel members the player is guilty and it is up to them to prove their innocense rather than the way of our justice system of innocent untill proven guilty.

Add to that the 'political' pressure they'd have felt to find Suarez guilty. Can you imagine the backlash if they'd have made any other decision, even if it was on sound reasoning such as lack of compelling/corroburated evidence. I gave evidence as a character witness for a colleague some years ago in a harassment case which was similar in terms of the lack of any supporting evidence of the accusation. The person making the allegations was classified disabled in this case, and despite their own accounts being contradictory, proof of previous false allegations, allegations of theft from the company, taking paid compassionate leave under false pretences and generally being considered by one and all to be a compulsive liar and trouble-maker, their account was 'believed' over that of the accused (who had a good record). Even when I brought all this up in the appeal to the most senior of management it was given little attention and it was obvious the decision had been made to dismiss the accused based on the fear of a DDA backlash and to 'make an example' regarding harassment. Now I'm not saying Suarez is blameless for a minute, but it does smack of another 'let's make an example' case.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Oliver Holt tweeting that no charges are to be brought and...

Oliver Holt Oliver Holt ‏ [MENTION=14200]ollie[/MENTION]HoltMirror
Tom Adeyemi believed to stand by allegation of racist abuse against LFC supporter but accepts insufficient evidence for police to prove it

Oliver Holt Oliver Holt ‏ [MENTION=14200]ollie[/MENTION]HoltMirror
A number of Liverpool fans backed up Adeyemi's allegation in statements to police, including one who was so upset she left ground

Oliver Holt ‏ [MENTION=14200]ollie[/MENTION]HoltMirror
But many more Liverpool supporters insisted fan had been shouting 'Manc bastard' not 'black bastard' and sound evidence was inconclusive

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here