Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What is a false number 9?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Excuse my footballing ignorance and rather than just resorting to the web..........Garth Crooks hates them apparently. Trossard played as one on Saturday. I think i have a vague idea......Over to you NSC experts.

I binged watched Ted Lasso over the last couple of days and they used a False No. 9 in that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Swanny with the win there :thumbsup:

No comparison tho is there? So a clear loss for your hero

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Is a false number 9 the same as a deep-lying centre forward?

Does anyone know?

I think not. More an attacking midfielder. Not a deeper CF

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
You've been obnoxious to people. Someone has been obnoxious to you.

Hardly as offensive as the poster I reported tho. I will of course be genuinely amazed if the mods actually act. They should of course.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hardly as offensive as the poster I reported tho. I will of course be genuinely amazed if the mods actually act. They should of course.

I must confess I thought it was so offensive as to be of obvious comedy intent, not that someone would take it seriously. However it wasn't my post, but I did think it was funny, not as an insult to you, just the audacity of it. As Shakespeare might say 'thou doth protest too much'...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
If you call people names don't be surprised when someone calls you a name :shrug:

So you think calling someone a **** is the same as clown? Fair enough. Entitled to your opinion. But very wrong in my book.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I must confess I thought it was so offensive as to be of obvious comedy intent, not that someone would take it seriously. However it wasn't my post, but I did think it was funny, not as an insult to you, just the audacity of it. As Shakespeare might say 'thou doth protest too much'...

Maybe true. I doubt it was posted for comedy value tho. I genuinely hope it was

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
So you think calling someone a **** is the same as clown? Fair enough. Entitled to your opinion. But very wrong in my book.

No. One is very much worse than the other.

But I have little time for people who are rude to people and then cry foul when the same happens to them.

People like you.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
No. One is very much worse than the other.

But I have little time for people who are rude to people and then cry foul when the same happens to them.

People like you.

Strange. But as I say, you are entitled to your odd POV.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I think he was quite nice to you in comparison. I'd rather have one **** in my bed than a dozen clowns.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think he was quite nice to you in comparison. I'd rather have one **** in my bed than a dozen clowns.

Lol! Alright Swanny, we now know how your weird mind works…

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Starting to understand why people have him on ignore. It's a good choice.

Ignore really is pathetic. You are probably a good candidate to join the weaklings

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here