Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What (if anything) will you miss about Withdean?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm going to miss Mickey Mouse JPT games in October on a Tuesday night against noddy sides that bring 25 fans. Don't know why but I've always enjoyed the crapness of the JPT early rounds.

Can't think of too much else.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
End of season matches in May, or start of season matches in August, with the sun beating down. There is nothing better than enjoying an ice cream, in the sun, at the football.

They had better sell ice cream on hot days at the Amex :tantrum:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Jamming my used chewing gum in the little grooves of the back of the seat in front of me.

Handy if I forget to bring any the following week.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Two things:

The convenience, of a football ground 30 yards from my parents driveway.

The people that I have befriended all around us in the FS. We were talking about it last night, and someone nailed it, when he said that moving to the Amex, and having to get to know a new load of folk around you will be like 'moving up to big school'!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The fact it was in walking distance. Falmer is a bit of a schlep from Fiveways.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Two things:

The convenience, of a football ground 30 yards from my parents driveway.

The people that I have befriended all around us in the FS. We were talking about it last night, and someone nailed it, when he said that moving to the Amex, and having to get to know a new load of folk around you will be like 'moving up to big school'!

Yeah lol good way of putting it. ln a way it will be like starting to watch a new team again. Although my mates are going too, they are all sitting up in the West Upper Tier. Too far away for my poor eyesight.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the people I sit around...really good bunch.

meeting up with people at half time ( most people I know are going in the west stand)

Biscuits ( waitrose no less) provided by the lovelly Roz

possibly the family/community nature of the club - this seems to have eroded somewhat.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Alot of it to be honest, It may not look the most glamorous of grounds but alot of memorable things have happend there and it has been our home for the last 10 years or so.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Two years at Falmer, with it's vast numbers of people and probable transport issues, will have people talking fondly of Withdean, while forgetting what crap facilities and shit atmosphere it provided (unless we were running away with the league).

But actually, there are things I really will miss. I like the walk from Preston Park, the pre-match pint at the Railway pub, the ability to sponsor a match with other fans at about £100 a pop, the atmosphere in the family stand (and East block when it's full), the lulz of highly paid opposition Premiership/former Premiership players having to get changed in a portacabin, and the fact that overall it HAS been an interesting and successful era for the club. FOUR promotions after this season, and only two relegations (one of which we nearly avoided and were actually brilliant for 2 thirds of the season).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here