Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what I don't like about MM

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
1.) I don't like the criticism of players through the press. Ferguson, Wenger etc never criticise their players publicly.

2.) The strange tactical decisions he makes which leave most people baffled.

Apart from that he has done a fantastic job and I hope he will stay here for a long time with success.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Who has Maheta Molango criticised in the press?

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I like his honesty in interviews, I do not understand his habit of playing people out of position, but he has done ok so far, not pretty, but what can you do with no money and no ground.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Players are too sheltered.. a good bollocking in public sometimes helps

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Mullery used to leave the team out on the field at half time! That's a pretty public bollocking!!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Lammy said:
Mullery used to leave the team out on the field at half time! That's a pretty public bollocking!!

Used to work as well

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
king Wombat said:
1.) I don't like the criticism of players through the press. Ferguson, Wenger etc never criticise their players publicly.

I agree. It's one thing I don't understand about McGhee. This is bad for a player's confidence, morale, and in the long-run the team spirit.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Since he's been manager the results we've achieved have been better than we could have hoped for.

He seems to be a lucky manager as well, which always helps. AND he hasn't walked, like his 3 predecessors. Every manager makes strange substitutions, so I haven't got a problem with that.

The only real criticism I've got is that he hasn't managed to get Leon Knight playing with confidence or scoring goals, although this is not solely his fault.

Harry Lime

Oct 25, 2004
Burgess Hill
It does concern me what our players think when McGhee criticises them so publicly. Knight in particular, El-Abd, Jarrett and Harding have all been slaughtered by McGhee in the press. He should keep those sort of outbursts in the dressing room.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Public criticism especially bad for the younger players, IMHO...

Team selection for Sat not good either, IMHO... why not Leon and Claridge?...

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yeah he does have weird tactics,can't believe leon was a sub,bloody watson is on these days how grim can it get for christ sake.Not that we played badly at millwall as we done well for long periods.

Where the hell is jarrett lately grrrrrrrrrrrrrr:angry:

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
fatboy said:
Who has Maheta Molango criticised in the press?

He was quite critical after Reading, claiming the team didn't have the self belief to go on and win that particular match and that the team needed to realise quickly that they are capable of winning games in this division

or words to that effect :)

McGhee was far harsher in his criticism of the team last season, not a week would go by when he was bollocking the forwards in particular.

Didn't seem to do team morale much harm. In fact, team morale was one of the few things we had going for us in our miracle promotion.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Well, what low opinions you all have on the ability of the squad of players we possess.
MM has done OK so far????????? NO HE HASN'T!!!!!!
He inherited an excellent squad, yet still nearly screwed up our promotion bid (don't forget, we were rightly one of the favourites to go up having been in the First Division the year before).
You only have to look at the performances we have put up this season to realise that the overall standard in this division isn't that high.
I was at Wigan, they were very average, and they are top of the table. We've beaten the likes of West Ham, Leicester, Leeds and Forest. Not to mention passing Ipswich off the park and deserving better against Wolves, Reading and QPR.
We have a manager whose primary concern is NOT TO LOSE. If the other teams were streets ahead of us, then I'd accept that attitude. But they aren't. Any team can beat another in this division. What we need is a managerial approach that recognises the mix of young talent and experience we have, and that allows the team to go out to try to win a bloody game!
Get some bottle or sod off and let somebody in that has!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here