Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what I don't like about MM

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
TonyW said:
Well, what low opinions you all have on the ability of the squad of players we possess.
I was at Wigan, they were very average, and they are top of the table. We've beaten the likes of West Ham, Leicester, Leeds and Forest. Not to mention passing Ipswich off the park and deserving better against Wolves, Reading and QPR.
We have a manager whose primary concern is NOT TO LOSE. If the other teams were streets ahead of us, then I'd accept that attitude. But they aren't. Any team can beat another in this division. What we need is a managerial approach that recognises the mix of young talent and experience we have, and that allows the team to go out to try to win a bloody game!
Get some bottle or sod off and let somebody in that has!!

True we do play better when behind, Ipswich and Millwall being the case. Perhaps he is too cautious, I'd rather go down all guns blazing but he is the boss

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
TonyW said:
Well, what low opinions you all have on the ability of the squad of players we possess.
MM has done OK so far????????? NO HE HASN'T!!!!!!
He inherited an excellent squad, yet still nearly screwed up our promotion bid (don't forget, we were rightly one of the favourites to go up having been in the First Division the year before).
You only have to look at the performances we have put up this season to realise that the overall standard in this division isn't that high.
I was at Wigan, they were very average, and they are top of the table. We've beaten the likes of West Ham, Leicester, Leeds and Forest. Not to mention passing Ipswich off the park and deserving better against Wolves, Reading and QPR.
We have a manager whose primary concern is NOT TO LOSE. If the other teams were streets ahead of us, then I'd accept that attitude. But they aren't. Any team can beat another in this division. What we need is a managerial approach that recognises the mix of young talent and experience we have, and that allows the team to go out to try to win a bloody game!
Get some bottle or sod off and let somebody in that has!!

I was at the wigan game and they were a lot better than us. their strikers looked about 3 leagues above our lot.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Yeah, they were better than us. But we were total crap second half. The worst performance this season, and possibly last season too.
But they still had to work hard to break us down. Don't forget Kuipers had a complete mare for 2 of the goals. I know he made some good saves later on to stop the score being a lot higher, but our heads were down by then. My point is, we didn't really try to attack until we were losing. That's bloody soul destroying for fans and players alike. Where's the incentive for a player when he knows that the team is looking for 0-0 draw, especially against a team like sodding Wigan. Mediocre Northern also rans with no pedigree and very little class. It sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't believe McGhee goes out looking to win a match 1-0.

The reality is that we have a defence capable of keeping a match tight against all but the very best sides, yet we have a toothless attack.

We've scored 2 goals just twice in 24 matches this season and we lost both of those. This suggests that we find it hard to score at any time.

I believe that the ONLY way the Albion can win right now is to bring the opposition down to our level and pray for rain. We need to play ugly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here