Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What have you got from NSC?

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
The realisation that I am not the only Brighton & Hove Albion fan currently resident in Scotland.

Membership of BHAlba.

A general rekindling of my interest in BHAFC. Before I had access to the internet and NSC I used to keep up with the Albion mostly by looking at the the scores and my brother occasionally giving me some info. Now I'm more in the know than him.

Although I have only met 4 contributors to NSC (all members of BHAlba), I feel as if I know most of the regular contributors. I feel as if I belong here. Is that sad or is that what being part of an internet community is?

Lots of ideas, support, and encouragement on how to do something about Hearts' current predicament.

A real sense of admiration and pride about the passion, initiative, resourcefulness, and resilience about the fans of Brighton & Hove Albion football club. When I grew up I always envied supporters of teams from the North East/ North West ie traditional footballing "hotbeds". I assumed that their fans must be much more passionate and loyal than Brighton fans. Now I know that if it wasn't for the fands, BHAFC wouldn't be here.

A desire to, one day, attend an NSC piss-up.

It has, indeed, become somewhat fashionable in certain quarters to slag off NSC.

I suggest spending a few days on other football-fan message boards without even looking at NSC. You'll soon discover that NSC is one of the best out there - I'm not claiming it's the greatest, by any means, but the intelligence, wit and knowledge of posters seems, on average, to be quite a bit higher than most boards.

I have had some great political discussions on here, found out loads about the club I wouldn't have done elsewhere (particularly as I live 500 miles from the fair city of B&H), and I've had the pleasure of being involved in the Falmer campaigning. As someone who loves political debate and loves the Albion, what more could I ask for?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Insomnia

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I found out that other Albion fans have lived/still live in Mile Oak and many more crossed the Adur and endured Boundstone ....

and how to fill those gaping holes in the day when the boss is out!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
being part of a community

i also know that the best players are TRIED and TESTED english ones

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
A better understanding of my inate superiority and an insight into what amuses stupid people*.

*You.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Teaching people new words and there meanings, ie Felching, curbstomping, donkey punching, owning etc

555kaz said:
donkey punching?????:dunce:

Thus:

32535.gif

32536.gif

32537.gif

Hope that helps. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here