Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What has going to the Amex done to change your matchday routine?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Of course, nothwithstanding the fact that you're off to a different location, what has had to change about what routine you may have had?

For one, I don't get the chance to any pubs around the North Laine - Great Eastern, Basketmakers, Nelson etc. - before the match (mind you, that might change this Saturday), and I haven't yet piled into the Basketmakers (a regular meeting point after Withdean matches) after a game.

Also, I don't leg it out of the ground in order to get away quickly.

Anyone else?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Not having to make sure the poncho is packed.

Get to the pub earlier now,bout an hour before the bus leaves,oddly enough get back quicker now as the buses get away nice and quick from the coach park(thank f*** I never got a parking permit!!)
My match day routine has also changed due to my shift patterns changing.
Really enjoying match days at the moment.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Mainly how much earlier I leave for a game and how much later I get back. Buying alcohol at the ground and actually enjoying the food.

D

Deleted User X18H

Instead of leaving the house at 2:40pm ish and getting back home (after the final whistle had blown) at about 5:20pm. Now for 3pm kick offs (remember them) I leave the house about 12:00pm meet some pals sink a few beers get to the stadium at 1:30pm and stagger back home after a few more beers at about 6:30 -6:45pm. I have spent less time out of the house for away games in London.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just leave earlier and get back later, adds around an hour to what we did at Withdean and for the sake of a nice seat, not getting soaked and watching football in a fantastic stadium it is a wonderful trade off.

I have also noticed Mini is much more into it with the Amex and is now going to away games much further away than previously.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I tend to leave about half an hour earlier, but that's about it! Oh, and I have to use public transport for some of the route, rather than walking.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Leave a lot earlier, for an evening game, I am leaving Crawley at around 5.30 and i still struggle to get in to the ground before 7.30 for the last beer, but all is not bad as the off license at the bottom of Coldean lane next to the chippy and the pub serves cold bottles and even has a bottle opener to boot.......
now buy beer at HT and a pie, which I never did at Withdean......

Just marvellous.

We have to leave home earlier due to the traffic congestion, normally 30-45 minutes for an evening game; generally avoid the A23 via A272 to Bolney now; have all found it easier to get on the by-pass (A27) at Shoreham via Ashington/Washington/Steyning.

Haven't left a game early yet but I've not been to many since early Sept.

Time taken gettiing to and out of the Univ C/P after the game means the traditional post-mortem curry in Billingshurst en-route home after an evening game is a non-starter now. Village pub has also closed so no chance of a pint either, not that Greene King brew anything palatable anyway.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No more turning up five minutes before kick-off and back in the pub twenty minutes after full-time. Which I'd still like to do if the transport infrastructure allowed me to do it. Not a big fan of hanging around the stadium just for the sake of it.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I have to think about transport which I didn't have to worry about before. Still haven't worked out the ideal method yet. But yeah, I leave earlier to have a pie and a pint at the ground and stay later to have a pie and a pint at the ground. I'm certainly drinking and eating out more. Never used to bother with drinks beforehand at Withdean (and certainly not since they closed the PPT) and only occasionally would we stop at the Park View on the way home.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
No more turning up five minutes before kick-off and back in the pub twenty minutes after full-time. Which I'd still like to do if the transport infrastructure allowed me to do it. Not a big fan of hanging around the stadium just for the sake of it.

Does anyone do that? Most hang around to drink beer.

Now, if they could stick a dartboard in the North Stand concourse...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We have to leave home earlier due to the traffic congestion, normally 30-45 minutes for an evening game; generally avoid the A23 via A272 to Bolney now; have all found it easier to get on the by-pass (A27) at Shoreham via Ashington/Washington/Steyning.

Haven't left a game early yet but I've not been to many since early Sept.

Time taken gettiing to and out of the Univ C/P after the game means the traditional post-mortem curry in Billingshurst en-route home after an evening game is a non-starter now. Village pub has also closed so no chance of a pint either, not that Greene King brew anything palatable anyway.
Blimey what pub's that? You live up Alfold way don't you? Hope the Roger and the Limeburners are still there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here