Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What has going to the Amex done to change your matchday routine?

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I have had to factor in more PIE EATING TIME!

and I can enjoy a PINT straight after the game without having to waste my valuable drinking time queing for trains..........................

Get there with a HUGE SMILE on my face.....

and leave there with a HUGE SMILE on my face.................

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I leave a lot earlier to get there and arrive home a lot later.

I spend a lot more money at the ground.

Yep, that's about the size of it. My matchday pints are consumed on club premises, rather than a pub. Oh, and I don't eat chips at the game anymore.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Leave home much earlier to get a place in the park and ride
Have a pie and a couple of pints pre game
Get home a fair bit later
Love the ground but hate the location - for us that live away from Brighton the travelling is a pain in the backside !
However watching good quality games in the Championship in comfort ia a big plus

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
I leave a lot earlier to get there and arrive home a lot later.

I spend a lot more money at the ground.

Same here. It was comparatively easy and less time consuming to get to Withdean. We tend to leave much earlier to get to the Amex and use either the Park & Ride or the train. We didn't use the train before. I rarely bought anything to eat at Withdeanm - generally because I had time to have lunch (or dinner) beforehand, but now tend to buy a pie at the ground.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
i now arrive at the ground sober but leave more pissed that at withers,
also no more long walks from London Rd/Brewery Tap/ Ground.....

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Coming from Haywards Heath, mainly involves leaving earlier (which isn't too much of a problem) and spending hours getting home. The evening games are going to get a bit annoying quite soon (once excitement has worn off) as it really is a faff getting back - feels more like getting home from an away game.

As for drinking. Used to enjoy sitting in The Station until 15 minutes before kick off, but now we have a great stop off in Lewes, which has lots of pubs to choose from and lots of Harveys! Just have to allow a lot more time to do it all.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Still get to the Wellie for opening time, tend to leave 15 minutes earlier than before and get the train rather than a cab. Now manage to get a pint before kick off, drink at half time and a couple in the ground post match. No longer going to the Basketmakers (which is a result) and getting into town at about 1845, rather than 1720. Still spending too much and still suffering on Sunday and not having a clear idea of everything that has happened.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The whole thing has become so much more of an event that I am leaving earlier and drinking more before the match.
I`m not moaning mind, just saying.

Albion Rob

I am able to leave home a far bit later and get home a fair bit earlier. We now drink in Lewes.

If the trains are running ok I can be home through the door in Eastbourne at 5.55pm - which seems incredible considering when we were at the goldstone and Withers it was 7pm at the earliest.

Also very encouraging to see loads of stripes getting off the train at Polegate, Hampden Park and Eastbourne - there were times it used to feel like there were only about 20 of us who followed the Albion in the whole of East Sussex.

The only slight minus is that there's now no longer any need to go into Brighton before a game so I miss the pubs round the station and beyond but then again getting to know the pubs in Lewes is a bonus. Also, the option of pre match drinking in eastbourne has opened up....

Logistically, following the Albion has never been better for the residents of East Sussex :thumbsup:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Leaving home earlier and drinking in the ground before the game

Leaving the ground later and drinking in the ground after the game

Not wearing a coat :)

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
and no longer do I have to think about wearinng this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Also also buy one of these Three Chances To Win cards which I never did at Withdean. Not even sure if they were for sale there. Probably weren't eh, even tho the club needed the money far more then than they do now.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Pre-match drinks in Lewes now not Brighton, avoids the crush at Brighton station and am getting to the ground much earlier and drinking there too (+ a pie of course) and tending towards Dick's bar after the game to let the crowds go down - basically everything has changed (for the better I may add)!

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Used to leave home at 2.30 and back by 5.30, now leave at 1.30pm and not back until 6 oclock, this must cause problems for the younger guys whose wives are expecting to go out on Saturday evenings, evening matches are even worse because so many are travelling in a bottleneck and transport does not perform as well, okay when we are doing well.
Just noticed that we are playing on Sunday 6th November against Barnsley,it does not appear due to TV,can anybody say why we have been shifted out of the Saturday slot?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here