Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What has been your best experience so far at he amex ?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I know it's a bit early but with the season rapidly coming to an end, what has been your best experience of the new stadium so far ?
I think for Me it was the game against Doncaster from the flags right down to winning 2-1 and having to come from a goal down. The whole day was brilliant.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Donny was great but took my 9 year old for the first time when we played Blackpool. Result wasn't brilliant but had a great time none the less.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Opera singer with Perry,Knight,Bloom and Chapman walking on the pitch to mass applause for the Spurs game

Harty scoring the first goal at the AMEX

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Doncaster for the atmosphere.

Will never forget the feeling of sitting on my seat for first time at Sussex Final though.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Not an individual moment, but just bumping into people I hadn't seen for ages. It's been a great social experience, which wasn't really possible at Withdean.

D

Deleted member 18477

v donny 98th minute. never ever cheered a goal like it. years of pain came out!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Donny won't be beaten but I thought Leeds was a cracking game of football, with a capacity crowd in a fantastic atmosphere. It was the sort of game you'd want to take a sceptical American to see.

Wickerman

Aug 24, 2011
Horam
Donny for me too. How can you top the drama of a last minute winner. The whole AMEX experience has also bonded me and my son more.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In no particular order,
Gary Hart scoring the first goal ever in the Sussex Final
Doncaster, just finally playing League football in the stadium and then coming from behind to win the game in the dying minutes
Beating Newcastle
Watching Vicente weave his magic in the Derby game.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
v donny 98th minute. never ever cheered a goal like it. years of pain came out!

100% this, thought my tonsils would end up on the pitch.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The moment I first walked through entrance G in the WSU, up the four steps and set eyes on one of the most glorious things I have ever seen. I stood by the railing there for a minute or two having to compose myself before I could turn round and climbs the steps to my seat without tears in my eyes.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I know it's a bit early but with the season rapidly coming to an end, what has been your best experience of the new stadium so far ?
I think for Me it was the game against Doncaster from the flags right down to winning 2-1 and having to come from a goal down. The whole day was brilliant.

You have nailed it! Been plenty of good moments but nothing to beat that day. :)

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Sharing the whole donny experience with my son, my best mate and 20000 others. Definately a moment in time to cherish.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Seeing the teams walk out at the Doncaster game. In fact just the whole day.

i could have cried.

Other than that..........................
01.jpg

Last edited:

scooter1

How soon is now?
The Donny game hands down. Seeing Gary Hart score the first goal was great as I didn't think i'd get a ticket for the Donny game, but the atmosphere that day was electric - and to get the result at the end was incredible. I still watch re-runs of the Football League show that day - joyous!!

Wish I could say the Donny game but I wasn't there thanks to my Daughter getting married.

So it would be Blackpool for me, very emotional.

A close second would be West Ham, for no other reason than it was pissing it down and I was dry...!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here