Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What game did you start to lose faith this season?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Rougvie said:
Coventry home for me in the cup, the apathy shown in that game makes a mockery of placcys view that the players (and manager) give 110% every Saturday.

Yep same here

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Leicester down here but been worried since Worthing pre-season...

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Concern set in at Stoke away, as that was the game where McGhee started taking internal issues into the press.

Real worry around the Christmas period when McGhee said in the press that he was not overly worried about the Luton and Southampton results as there were more important games. Now whether or not this is true, it is not something paying customers want to hear and it is also not exactly a great motivation stance.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Put me down for Covvo at home in the cup. We were so devoid of ideas in that game that I literally fell asleep, the guy I was with (man like D'Angelo Saxon) fell asleep for the second half.

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
Crewe away for me. Being beaten by the team bottom of the table, doesn't get much worse than that :(

ldcm_026.thumb.jpg

When this disgusting excuse for a human decided to try and ruin the hopes and dreams of an entire county,I knew then that the board would have bigger problems on their mind than trying to sign the 2 quality players we needed to stay in this division.
A pox on you ,you old shitbag.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
started to lose faith Leicester home . then followed 4 defeats including crewe and plymouth but it wasn't until saturdays draw that i accepted relagation

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Luton away when we banked on winning other later games and did not seem to beleive the game ws winable - you have to beleive you can get something from every game - that was the game i started doubting Mark Mcghee too after quite liking him and his honest approach.

I still like his honmest approach i just think he is becoming clinically madder by the day

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Gaffer said:
For me at Loftus Road . QPR were not that good and our skill level was very poor; our tactics were awful. Also at the end I thought the Players looked totally demoralised as were the fans.

That day we were dire........no-one could control the ball, everyone looked confused, QPR were no better and there for the taking........just stood there thinking......we are no way good enough for this division and almost longed to be relegated:blush: at the end of the game most people left knowing and accepting relegation And i am one of the most optomistic of supporters

Having said that if we win six in a row now i reckon we are safe!!:clap:

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
For me the Millwall home game was when I thought we would have real trouble staying up. Especially when the weather turned nasty near the end. The Coventry defeat made the feeling stronger.

I wouldn't say that I have ever 'lost faith' though. After last season's close escape and the fact that we lost two of our best players without ever really replacing them convinced me that this season would be a struggle from the off. I think our position in the months before Christmas gave us false hope more than anything. I have always seen this season as a 'bonus Championship season' before going back to where our finances dictate that we belong.

Albion Rob

It would have to be Crewe away. A win at that stage would have really kept us in amongst it. We were 1-0 up at half time and should have won. Their manager managed to inspire them to a win. Ours didn't know what to do to hold on to a lead or at least avoid defeat.

That game was also the straw that broke the camel's back for me as far as McGhee is concerned too.

adams7mz.png

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Jim D said:
Although Millwall was a very bad result, Leicester (H) was the one for me. At that time they were still below us and had just sacked their manager. We had a chance to really get at them but instead we allowed ourselves to be mugged twice in the first 5 minutes. From that point both our seasons went off in opposite directions.

Same here.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Rougvie said:
Coventry home for me in the cup, the apathy shown in that game makes a mockery of placcys view that the players (and manager) give 110% every Saturday.

Also myself. There was something so lacklustre about that game that you really doubt the presence of the will or skill to stay up.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
When we struggled to beat Lewes. ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here