Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What game did you start to lose faith this season?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Faith in what or whom?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
sir danny cullip said:
That we would stay up presumably.

In which case, I haven't given up yet. When it is mathematically impossible then I will admit defeat.

1066gull

Yorkie said:
In which case, I haven't given up yet. When it is mathematically impossible then I will admit defeat.

Nurse.......

She needs looking after....

;)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Yup Coventry away for me too:( :shootself

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I first started getting worried after Stoke away. We dominated the first half hour without making any clear chances, conceded and then I thought our heads dropped.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Burnley at home, just after Akinbiyi was sold. They were there for the taking and it appears we made no effort, or more likely didn't have enough to put them under pressure. Burnley were a poor poor team that night, as we didn't look remotely like beating them I accepted that we didn't have enough this season to stay up. Most depressing draw I'd seen for years, although we've had worse ones since :down:

Stumpy Tim

From afar, Luton away sticks out for me. We had just beaten Hull & QPR, and were on a high. I like MM, but his team selection was awful that day - completely destroyed the rising confidence of the lads & put us straight back to square one.

The truth is though, our main problem was that when were playing well we didn't win enough - just kept drawing. To stay up we needed to turn our better performances into victories and we simply haven't done that. The last three games sums it up. Unbeaten, but haven't won

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Like most people I would say Millwall. Frankly we were all over them in the first half and were cruising, the second half was a very different matter.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Stumpy Tim said:

The truth is though, our main problem was that when were playing well we didn't win enough - just kept drawing. To stay up we needed to turn our better performances into victories and we simply haven't done that. The last three games sums it up. Unbeaten, but haven't won

That is a good assessment of the whole season.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Lewes friendly.......:down:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Coventry home for me in the cup, the apathy shown in that game makes a mockery of placcys view that the players (and manager) give 110% every Saturday.

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
I like to think that I'm pretty optimistic, so I am even now holding on to a glimmer of hope.

However, I felt that we were probably doomed during the Leicester game when we went 2 down within 5 minutes. Real downer of a game that one. :down:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Although Millwall was a very bad result, Leicester (H) was the one for me. At that time they were still below us and had just sacked their manager. We had a chance to really get at them but instead we allowed ourselves to be mugged twice in the first 5 minutes. From that point both our seasons went off in opposite directions.

Overall I would say that the big difference between this season and last has been in our inability to hold on to a lead. I've been working away this year and have only seen 5 home league games - Ipswich; Wolves; Millwall; Leeds and Luton. In each game we scored first, but we only managed 1 win and 3 draws. Last season I would have confidently expected us to have won 3 and drawn the other 2 - for 5 extra points. I would also have expected us to beat Crewe from the position we were in at halftime and probably Burnley (H) too. That would have given us 10 extra points, and a chance to survive. Last season we had at least 8 1-0 wins but this season only 2.

Although there's been a lot of talk about the need for a striker, it's midfield where we've been particularly weak this season - especially after Charlie was injured. Although MM has brought in two decent players in Frutos and Carole, I think it has been at the expense of having a combative midfield - especially as Carpenter has had a poor season by his standards. Coupled with our leftback problem for most of the season it has meant our defence being put under too much pressure through midfield failings. I would say that playing both Frutos and Carole was a luxury that we couldn't afford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here