Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what, EXACTLY, in the past has suggested to people that....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be fair Macammon would have been where the boots were flying.

He could have done a job Sunday...

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
No, he couldn't. Knight is a much better player in the air than McCammon. McCammon would not have affected yesterday's game in any positive way. He is too slow, gets knocked off the ball too easily, he can't shoot, can't jump, can't head down and can't pass. I know yesterday was upsetting but just because a player hasn't played for a while, doesn't suddenly make them the answer. In any case, we scored twice yesterday, two goals should be enough to win a game.

the full harris said:
McCammon is better at holding the ball up than Leon Knight?

A serious question.

Go and watch the Sunderland DVD when we played with 10 men for an hour, with Big Mac up front on his own.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the full harris said:
No, he couldn't. Knight is a much better player in the air than McCammon. McCammon would not have affected yesterday's game in any positive way. He is too slow, gets knocked off the ball too easily, he can't shoot, can't jump, can't head down and can't pass. I know yesterday was upsetting but just because a player hasn't played for a while, doesn't suddenly make them the answer. In any case, we scored twice yesterday, two goals should be enough to win a game.

I dont think anyone is suggesting that he is a better player than knight....I think we are suggesting that he is an infinitely better player than CKR...which is very worrying

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Re: Re: what, EXACTLY, in the past has suggested to people that....

London Irish said:
Go and watch the Sunderland DVD when we played with 10 men for an hour, with Big Mac up front on his own.

Sorry to be Arsene Wenger about this but I wasn't at the Sunderland game and I've never seen it. However, you can't judge a player on a single performance. I've never seen McCammon have anything approaching an effective performance and genuinely believe if he wasn't at the club we would have stayed up way before the final game of last season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Re: Re: what, EXACTLY, in the past has suggested to people that....

London Irish said:
I thought we were completely overrun after the sending off. To be fair McCammon did play well in that game, but he has always lacked the basic ability to get the ball under control *quickly* when the ball is played to him at pace.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
dave the gaffer said:
I dont think anyone is suggesting that he is a better player than knight....I think we are suggesting that he is an infinitely better player than CKR...which is very worrying

McCammon would never have scored the goal that Kazim-Richards scored against Plymouth.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the full harris said:
McCammon would never have scored the goal that Kazim-Richards scored against Plymouth.

and on current form, CKR would never had scored the goals McCammon scored against Sunderland

15 all

Your serve

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
dave the gaffer said:
and on current form, CKR would never had scored the goals McCammon scored against Sunderland

15 all

Your serve

Sheffield Wednesday 3 weeks ago.

Re: Re: Re: what, EXACTLY, in the past has suggested to people that....

the full harris said:
Sorry to be Arsene Wenger about this but I wasn't at the Sunderland game and I've never seen it.

Available in the club shop if your question was serious (but as it's you, we all know it wasn't).

Plenty of similar performances by Big Mac up front last season (and at Hull and Shrewsbury this season), this one just happens to be recorded for posterity.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the full harris said:
Sheffield Wednesday 3 weeks ago.

30-15

....pass straight into palace's midfield that DIRECTLY led to the goal

30-30

Re: Re: Re: what, EXACTLY, in the past has suggested to people that....

Simster said:
I thought we were completely overrun after the sending off. To be fair McCammon did play well in that game, but he has always lacked the basic ability to get the ball under control *quickly* when the ball is played to him at pace.

We were overrun for more than an hour?

KinkyGoebels said:
It pain me to say it after what i said last year but give him a go.

Full Harris, with this single post, the game really is up for your anti-Big Mac crusade. Now give it up and stop wasting your time.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
dave the gaffer said:
30-15

....pass straight into palace's midfield that DIRECTLY led to the goal

30-30

Strikers do sometimes give the ball away, the idea i that the defence clear up behnd them. Our problem isn't up front. We score goals, we just let too many in.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I also would CONSIDER giving Mcphee a chance along side Knight.

Before you flame me consider how well those two link up together.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
London Irish said:
Full Harris, with this single post, the game really is up for your anti-Big Mac crusade. Now give it up and stop wasting your time.

Looks like I'll have to go it alone then.

McCammon has played against Hull and Shrewsbury. I wasn't at either games but we lost 2-0 at Hull and can a performance against a League 2 side really be that great an indication to how a player will perform in the Championship?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the full harris said:
Strikers do sometimes give the ball away, the idea i that the defence clear up behnd them. Our problem isn't up front. We score goals, we just let too many in.

BINGO

Thge problem is the chap has not the experience to hold the ball up. Experience will come, but we cannot afford to throw him in at the moment.

I would have kept jakey on. But again, in hinesight we can all be Sven!!

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
KinkyGoebels said:
I also would CONSIDER giving Mcphee a chance along side Knight.

Before you flame me consider how well those two link up together.

McPhee? What is the point?

Knight and Robinson aren't great but they are the best we have got, we managed to score twice with them up front yesterday and we played some nice football in the first half. Two goals should be enough to win a game at home, it is in defence where our problem lie. Don't worry though, when January comes and we sign McShane for the rest of the season, Henderson signs permanently and Hinshelwood is back we'll have a great central defensive partnership in front of a very good goalkeeper. Then we'll win games 2-0, rather than losing 3-2 and we can smile and laugh at how we considered playing McCammon and McPhee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here