Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what, EXACTLY, in the past has suggested to people that....

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
the full harris said:
Looks like I'll have to go it alone then.

McCammon has played against Hull and Shrewsbury. I wasn't at either games but we lost 2-0 at Hull and can a performance against a League 2 side really be that great an indication to how a player will perform in the Championship?

Although technically being at the Hull game I have managed to miss both of Trolley's performances this season!!!

Knowing the way we play, we would bring McCammon back and then start playing the ball on the floor.

I do not know if he will make a difference, but the chances are we are going to see if he has anything to offer, as McGhee is running out of options, as other than Knight, none of the other forwards are delivering.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
dave the gaffer said:
BINGO

Thge problem is the chap has not the experience to hold the ball up. Experience will come, but we cannot afford to throw him in at the moment.

I would have kept jakey on. But again, in hinesight we can all be Sven!!

I'd agree with that but at the time I thought Robinson was having a poor game and would have taken him off too.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Uncle Buck said:
Although technically being at the Hull game I have managed to miss both of Trolley's performances this season!!!

Knowing the way we play, we would bring McCammon back and then start playing the ball on the floor.

I do not know if he will make a difference, but the chances are we are going to see if he has anything to offer, as McGhee is running out of options, as other than Knight, none of the other forwards are delivering.

The thing is I know we are losing and that but we are playing the best football I have ever seen us play since I started going (1992) and I worry that if we bring in big useless lumps like McCammon this good football will stop. We just need to tighten up at the back and we could be an attractive football playing mid-table team in this division and I for one would be delighted with that.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
the full harris said:
McPhee? What is the point?

Knight and Robinson aren't great but they are the best we have got, we managed to score twice with them up front yesterday and we played some nice football in the first half. Two goals should be enough to win a game at home, it is in defence where our problem lie. Don't worry though, when January comes and we sign McShane for the rest of the season, Henderson signs permanently and Hinshelwood is back we'll have a great central defensive partnership in front of a very good goalkeeper. Then we'll win games 2-0, rather than losing 3-2 and we can smile and laugh at how we considered playing McCammon and McPhee.

Same could be said of robinson, whatsd the point?

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
KinkyGoebels said:
Same could be said of robinson, whatsd the point?

The point is that he has skill and we play more attractive football with him on the pitch. If he can just stop being a pussy and go in where it hurst a bit more I'm sure the goals will come.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
the full harris said:
The thing is I know we are losing and that but we are playing the best football I have ever seen us play since I started going (1992) and I worry that if we bring in big useless lumps like McCammon this good football will stop. We just need to tighten up at the back and we could be an attractive football playing mid-table team in this division and I for one would be delighted with that.

I doubt that he is the answer, but we have tried everthing else and it is hardly working, so I guess when his spoke has set he will get put back in.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Uncle Buck said:
I doubt that he is the answer, but we have tried everthing else and it is hardly working, so I guess when his spoke has set he will get put back in.

which will be a shame.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
the full harris said:

Its almost Christmas now and half way into the season and this new approach will not get the points needed it seems.
Mcghee needs to decided if carrying on with the same style of play will keep brighton up or not at the moment its looking doubtfull and in my view should change it and if that means bringing mccammon back so be it.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
KinkyGoebels said:
Its almost Christmas now and half way into the season and this new approach will not get the points needed it seems.
Mcghee needs to decided if carrying on with the same style of play will keep brighton up or not at the moment its looking doubtfull and in my view should change it and if that means bringing mccammon back so be it.

Our problem is conceeding, I don't see how changing the forward line is going to help this and can you imagine the dissapointment as Blayney (or whoever) bowls out the ball to Carole after an opposition corner, Carole goes flying down the wing, slides it into McCammon............. who lets it bounce off his shin and go out of play. :(

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
the full harris said:
The point is that he has skill and we play more attractive football with him on the pitch. If he can just stop being a pussy and go in where it hurst a bit more I'm sure the goals will come.

If he has skill he is hiding it well on the pitch

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
the full harris said:
Our problem is conceeding, I don't see how changing the forward line is going to help this and can you imagine the dissapointment as Blayney (or whoever) bowls out the ball to Carole after an opposition corner, Carole goes flying down the wing, slides it into McCammon............. who lets it bounce off his shin and go out of play. :(

Is that a bit like Blayney (or whoever) bowls out the ball to Carole after an opposition corner, Carole goes flying down the wing, slides it into Robinson............. who trys to turn yet again into a tackle or miscontrols it.

or

Blayney (or whoever) bowls out the ball to Carole after an opposition corner, Carole goes flying down the wing, slides it into ckr............. who miscontrols it and allows the other side a clear chace on the break

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
KinkyGoebels said:
Is that a bit like Blayney (or whoever) bowls out the ball to Carole after an opposition corner, Carole goes flying down the wing, slides it into Robinson............. who trys to turn yet again into a tackle or miscontrols it.

or

Blayney (or whoever) bowls out the ball to Carole after an opposition corner, Carole goes flying down the wing, slides it into ckr............. who miscontrols it and allows the other side a clear chace on the break

It would be very similar, just that McCammon would do it, without fail, every single time.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
KinkyGoebels said:

or

i really have a problem with jake dont u......?

i like the way u skip threads when u dnt want to reply to certain comments made about him....

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
i really have a problem with jake dont u......?

i like the way u skip threads when u dnt want to reply to certain comments made about him....

In fairness you are one of Jakes mates, so you are never going to take the most rational view on him, which is fair enough.

At present he is doing very little to justify his selection, however neither is Kazim-Richards.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
The trouble with Jakey as I see it is firstly that he bottles challenges, for example when Kiraly fumbled the ball in the first half he withdrew when he might have been able to rob Kiraly, and secondly he does not possess the instinct that Leon has. Beautiful ball across from Frutos, Leon flicks it low into the net. Earlier beautiful ball from the other wing. Jakey.....falls on his backside. For me, though, it was a serious mistake my McGhee not to take Harty off and replace him with Dodd as soon as he got booked. It was obvious that he was going to get sent off, though I expected it to be through a foul rather than a handball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here