Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What don't you understand?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
McShane79 said:
Yeah, I'm right handed with everything, although I eat the wrong way round to most people - fork in the right hand, knife in the left. Both my folks and my brother eat that way too. Odd.

Odd indeed. I'm definitely right-handed for eating, but left for mouse. I guess the 'normal' thing would be to have the knife in your stronger hand as you'd have more control and more power to cut, whereas a fork doesn't need so much. That would make both you and me wrong.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I don't understand all the fuss that is made of New Years Eve. One day it's December 31st, next day it's January 1st. Whoppee-bloody-do. Okay so the last digit of the year goes up by one as well, but so what?

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
Yeah I guess that makes sense for the knife to be in the stronger hand - I just can't do it!! Feels just plain wrong!

Chesney Christ said:
Just silly little things from every day life that you don't get.....

Right, I'll start:

1. I've been driving for 2 years or so and I STILL don't understand why you're not really allowed to have the inside light on in the car when you're driving in the dark. Who does it harm?

I always just thought that it was a distraction to other drivers which is why you shouldn't have it on. Now I type that, it sounds a bit stupid - why would that distract them more than your cars headlights?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
McShane79 said:
Yeah, I'm right handed with everything, although I eat the wrong way round to most people - fork in the right hand, knife in the left. Both my folks and my brother eat that way too. Odd.

That's not odd. That's wierd. Or maybe just a bit weird.

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
pasty said:
I don't understand all the fuss that is made of New Years Eve. One day it's December 31st, next day it's January 1st. Whoppee-bloody-do. Okay so the last digit of the year goes up by one as well, but so what?

Yeah, I'm the same - it's nothing special. Just an excuse for a piss up really.

(Although this year I will be on a boat in Sydney harbour, so that might be special!!! :cool: )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here