Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What don't you understand?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Re: Re: What don't you understand?

Tricky Dicky said:
I didn't know you weren't allowed to, but it's pretty sensible not to. It's much harder to see out of the car if it is lighter inside.

Exactly. It is sensible. No reason then to allow discussion on how bright a light is allowed - just do not allow it.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Re: Re: Re: What don't you understand?

Chesney Christ said:
Is it though? I was driving the other day with the inside light on for about 10 seconds and I genuinely don't believe it affected my vision at all.

If you are in your front room when it's dark outside and you put the light on, chances are all you can see is your reflection, and it's very difficult to see anything outside. I know a windscreen is angled, so you won't see a reflection but the principle is the same. Your pupils will contract as you are in immediate light.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Tricky Dicky said:
so, according to Commander, you are as wierd as me. Unless being more than one of us, that now makes it unwierd.

Hmmm. Maybe it is me who is weird then.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Redhead said:
No I'm definately wierd.

Am I the only person on here who can spell 'weird'?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Redhead said:
No I'm the only one who cant spell Weird.

Wrong. Tricky Dicky cant spell weird either. Or unweird.

Tricky Dicky said:
so, according to Commander, you are as wierd as me. Unless being more than one of us, that now makes it unwierd.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Tricky Dicky said:
Maybe I spell it like that 'cos I'm weird.

Maybe you do. But I'm weird too and I spell it weird.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Tricky Dicky said:
I've now looked at the word so many times, nothing looks like the right spelling now.

:lolol: Exactly what I was thinking. Not even sure if it is a real word anymore. Weird.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
How to spell the word "diarrhoea"

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Woodchip said:
I'm a lefty that plays Golf, Cricket, Guitar, Hero, and uses mouse on PC right-handed.

Me too. But it makes sense as it leaves your good hand free when you're visiting, ahem, "gentleman's" sites.

Not that I ever do of course, but if I ever did it would, er, come in handy...

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
Tricky Dicky said:
Interesting. As a leftie myself, I've always wondered what activity defines your handedness. I know it's do with left-side/right-side brain dominance, but I write left handed but play golf, cricket, guitar all right handed. Am I a bit amphibious ?

Yeah, I'm right handed with everything, although I eat the wrong way round to most people - fork in the right hand, knife in the left. Both my folks and my brother eat that way too. Odd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here