Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What don't you understand?

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Just silly little things from every day life that you don't get.....

Right, I'll start:

1. I've been driving for 2 years or so and I STILL don't understand why you're not really allowed to have the inside light on in the car when you're driving in the dark. Who does it harm?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Why I can have 8 hours sleep and wake up tired.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Why Americans insist on calling a game 'football' when the only time you touch it with your foot is when you've really f***ed up. It should be called "Forward passing handball with occasional kicking. And pads."

Not as catchy but a million times more accurate.

Edit - also why I can't spell 'occasional' without resorting to the spell check.

Last edited:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Chesney Christ said:
Just silly little things from every day life that you don't get.....

Right, I'll start:

1. I've been driving for 2 years or so and I STILL don't understand why you're not really allowed to have the inside light on in the car when you're driving in the dark. Who does it harm?

I didn't know you weren't allowed to, but it's pretty sensible not to. It's much harder to see out of the car if it is lighter inside.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
ÏÍáÇä Ýí äÏæÉ ÕÍÝíÉ ÈÊäÝíÐ "ãÍÇæáÉ ÇáÇÛÊíÇá" ÇáÊí ÇÓÊåÏÝÊ ÑÆíÓ ÇáæÒÑÇÁ ÇáÝáÓØíäí ÇÓãÇÚíá åäíÉ Ýí ãÚÈÑ ÑÝÍ áÏì ÚæÏÊå ãä ÛÒÉ¡ æÇáÊí ÇÓÝÑÊ Úä ãÞÊá ÇÍÏ ÍÑÓå æÇÕÇÈÉ äÌáå

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Barrel of Fun said:
ÏÍáÇä Ýí äÏæÉ ÕÍÝíÉ ÈÊäÝíÐ "ãÍÇæáÉ ÇáÇÛÊíÇá" ÇáÊí ÇÓÊåÏÝÊ ÑÆíÓ ÇáæÒÑÇÁ ÇáÝáÓØíäí ÇÓãÇÚíá åäíÉ Ýí ãÚÈÑ ÑÝÍ áÏì ÚæÏÊå ãä ÛÒÉ¡ æÇáÊí ÇÓÝÑÊ Úä ãÞÊá ÇÍÏ ÍÑÓå æÇÕÇÈÉ äÌáå
That is disgusting. Apologise. Seriously, well out of order.

:jester:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Redhead said:
Why are there less left handed people than right handed people?

Interesting. As a leftie myself, I've always wondered what activity defines your handedness. I know it's do with left-side/right-side brain dominance, but I write left handed but play golf, cricket, guitar all right handed. Am I a bit amphibious ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Another edit - just royally buggered up that post - no support for Chinese chars then.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Tricky Dicky said:
Interesting. As a leftie myself, I've always wondered what activity defines your handedness. I know it's do with left-side/right-side brain dominance, but I write left handed but play golf, cricket, guitar all right handed. Am I a bit amphibious ?

No, you're just weird.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
refrain-from-barking.jpg

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Tricky Dicky said:

Suprisingly I'm also a leftie, but play golf, cricket and guitar hero right handed.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Re: Re: What don't you understand?

Tricky Dicky said:
I didn't know you weren't allowed to, but it's pretty sensible not to. It's much harder to see out of the car if it is lighter inside.

Is it though? I was driving the other day with the inside light on for about 10 seconds and I genuinely don't believe it affected my vision at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here