Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you think about Palaces relegation survival?

'Bothered' or 'not bothered'

• Over the moon! mainly cause I am a Palace fan (aka twat)

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Im happy for them, but I really couldn't care less, roll on falmer!

Votes: 18 15.9%
  • Not chuffed, but oh well, Sheffield were rubbish

Votes: 19 16.8%
  • They were lucky that Sheffield Wednesday are a bad team

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I dont give a damn, and I refuse to compliment palace at all

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • F**K you pikey scum!

Votes: 32 28.3%

• Total voters

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
I was sorry that Wednesday were relegated, but not because I've anything against Palace. Sheffield Wednesday are likely to be very robust rivals for promotion next season. I don't think Crystal Palace would have posed such a threat. I was very surprised by yesterday's result. I really didn't think Wednesday would be relegated. Many big clubs have fallen to the third tier, or even fourth tier, once in their history. I can't think of a club as big as Sheffield Wednesday that has dropped below Championship level twice in such a short time.
League One is going to have some very strong contenders next season.

SpidersLegs

Feb 2, 2007
Here & there
I'm glad they stayed up cos It's going to be great passing them coming down when we go up next May! As for playing them at Falmer do we really want that bunch of stinking pikeys soiling our nice new stadium?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I was sorry that Wednesday were relegated, but not because I've anything against Palace. Sheffield Wednesday are likely to be very robust rivals for promotion next season. I don't think Crystal Palace would have posed such a threat. I was very surprised by yesterday's result. I really didn't think Wednesday would be relegated. Many big clubs have fallen to the third tier, or even fourth tier, once in their history. I can't think of a club as big as Sheffield Wednesday that has dropped below Championship level twice in such a short time.

What about Leeds, Leicester and Forest ? Southampton and Norwich are not that small either. I can easily see Palace and Pompey coming down next year. Palace have big problems due to the fact they not only don't own their ground they haven't even been paying the rent. Wednesday are like Leeds, living in the past although at least they haven't ripped their creditors off yet.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
What about Leeds, Leicester and Forest ? Southampton and Norwich are not that small either. I can easily see Palace and Pompey coming down next year. Palace have big problems due to the fact they not only don't own their ground they haven't even been paying the rent. Wednesday are like Leeds, living in the past although at least they haven't ripped their creditors off yet.

But that's my point; Leeds, Leicester and Forest have all spent ONE period in the third tier in the last fifty plus years, as have Aston Villa, Manchester City, Sheffield United, Sunderland and Wolves. In all these cases, falling so low was followed by a return to the top flight before too long. Wednesday were only promoted from League One (third division) in 2005, and have struggled to make any impact in The Championship since. Now they have dropped down again rather than regaining Premier League status; a very unusual, if not unique, occurence for one of England's bigger clubs.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Sorry have to disagree as I think that Wednesday making the play offs is the most that they can hope for as they have no money. In Palace case I think the new buyers would provide money for them to go for automatic promotion from Div 1 but being in the Championship they will divert any cash towards buying the ground and becoming stable rather than stregthen the squad, which will be depleted by Warnock taking Speroni, Danns and Ambrose to QPR.

Bloom is looking at automatic promotion rather than promotion via the play offs and as Gus said he thought that Wednesday being relegated will make it easier for us.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Palarse played well and Sheffield Wednesday have been flirting with relegation for a few years now.
personally I could not give a tinkers cuss about Palarse, we (the Albion) went through far more than have or ever will do but they have fans who are loyal like us.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
with luck they will start next season on -10 points and without Speroni, Ambrose, Danns, Lee.........................

wodge

Nov 15, 2009
Wanted them to go down but didn't think they would.

Far too excited about Falmer and our own future to lose any sleep over not playing them next season :falmer: :falmer: :falmer:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here