Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you reckon Plan B is?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Lord Bracknell said:
And if Prescott turns Falmer down, it will take DK's successor a lot more than 10 years to achieve an alternative.

Don't blame Dick Knight. Blame the UK planning system. How anyone thinks we'll be able to stage the 2012 Olympics is beyond me.
Yeah but could it have been done quicker as i find it hard to believe that it takes 10 years to get planning permission etc.

If it fails then thats it end of story and with such a huge gap with little crowds can we recover from this as its a whole decade and generation.

I was 24 when i went to the goldstone against orient 4-4 and i will be roughly 34 at falmer thats unreal.:lolol: :ohmy:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I've been to the year 3000
Not much has changed but they build stadiums underwater
And your great great great grand-daughter
Is a DAFT Bint

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Pende does not require housing. That is just a £ multi-million bonus to the plan. Pende only requires political willpower and access roads.

There is nothing to demolish. Outline Planning for a football stadium could be put in five minutes after Prescott turns down Falmer. Detailed Planning Permission could be be submitted in the summer of 2004. Planning Permission would be granted in August 2004 and building could start in October 2004, for completion before the beginning of season 2005-6. (Outside developers will be engaged, already identified.)

There would be NO Public Inquiry, if the political fix is in, as there is unlikely to be a NIMBY problem.

I am not interested in hearing excuses. That's like blaming the referee.

For the record, the Pende plan is also at:

http://www.glaucus.org.uk/Pende.htm

PS: We would not even have to wait for Dick Knight to make up his mind. if there is any money left out of Harty's £40 plan the fans could put in Outline Planning Permission and the authorities would be obliged to set up and take notice.

Another PS: It would be nice to have a site plan of Falmer on a web page somewhere.

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
I look at the land and see plenty and if these buildings are in the way then that can be the car park as thats not a big rush.

Is this ground actually being built on the spot of these buildings mmmmm.
Its getting more frustrating to be honest as i was exspecting us to go full pelt and build as soon as possible and surley this extra 18 months will cost the club a fortune.:nono:

berkshire seagull said:
I look at the land and see plenty and if these buildings are in the way then that can be the car park as thats not a big rush.

Is this ground actually being built on the spot of these buildings mmmmm.
Its getting more frustrating to be honest as i was exspecting us to go full pelt and build as soon as possible and surley this extra 18 months will cost the club a fortune.:nono:
The Public Inquiry (and the Agreement that was eventually squeezed out of Brighton University) dealt with the detailed plans. It's not possible to change the design at this stage.

Yes the stadium itself occupies the land where the buildings are. There is only minimal car parking adjacent to the stadium - for players, officials, directors and disabled badge holders). Most of the car parking is Park & Ride at Brighton Racecourse, Mill Road and Mithras House. Some local parking will be available (at a high price to pre-booked cars with multiple occupants) over the road (on the Sussex University campus) or on the Falmer High School site.

The "extra 18 months" has already been costed into the project. What the delay does mean is that we'll get the whole stadium built in one go. The original plan was to build it in phases, with just 14,000 seats in phase one.

I wonder if people realise how much of the total project costs will go on providing facilities for the two universities. It's not just a stadium that the club is paying for.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Lord Bracknell said:
The Public Inquiry (and the Agreement that was eventually squeezed out of Brighton University) dealt with the detailed plans. It's not possible to change the design at this stage.

Yes the stadium itself occupies the land where the buildings are. There is only minimal car parking adjacent to the stadium - for players, officials, directors and disabled badge holders). Most of the car parking is Park & Ride at Brighton Racecourse, Mill Road and Mithras House. Some local parking will be available (at a high price to pre-booked cars with multiple occupants) over the road (on the Sussex University campus) or on the Falmer High School site.

The "extra 18 months" has already been costed into the project.

I wonder if people realise how much of the total project costs will go on providing facilities for the two universities. It's not just a stadium that the club is paying for.

Don't wish to bore you :lolol: but why wasn't this sorted as a sort of back up plan as surely if there was a possibilty of this happening via buildings on the prime spot they should have changed the plans as its better safe than sorry and now has cost us yet more waiting.

Yeah i gather its a huge project and i also gather that the building of the stadium comes before anything else.

I appreciate your replys bracks,but sometimes i feel we are making hard work out of what it is grrrrr.:drink:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Lord Bracknell said:

The "extra 18 months" has already been costed into the project.

Don't wish to bore you :lolol: but why wasn't this sorted as a sort of back up plan as surely if there was a possibilty of this happening via buildings on the prime spot they should have changed the plans as its better safe than sorry and now has cost us yet more waiting.

Yeah i gather its a huge project and i also gather that the building of the stadium comes before anything else.

I appreciate your replys bracks,but sometimes i feel we are making hard work out of what it is grrrrr.:drink:

If they'd have come forward with different plans (for example, building the stadium closer to Falmer Village), they would have had an even more difficult time at the Public Inquiry. And might never have got the planning permission.

And Brighton University would never have agreed to the project unless they got a contribution towards the costs of their new buildings.

Without the University's agreement, it would then have meant that the Council would have to make a compulsory purchase order to obtain the land for the club - and that would mean more objections and yet another Public Inquiry.

"Making hard work of it" is a f@ckin' understatement.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Somebody has left things out over Falmer. Not the whole truth, just left out the unsavoury bits. Like why we waited so long over the University buildings?

Not that it is important. Falmer might not be be an outstanding success if we are left without overwhelming support, an excessive cost and still bickering over any details.

What price any alterations over Falmer if we have all this trouble with the extra seats at Withdean? Falmer is not a panacea?

PS: Back from the pub and the delinquent cat (not mine, just wandering vagrant) is making such a fuss over the prawn sandwiches, (w/o the sandwich bit) .... purring and doing cat things.

And the cat still loves me, despite being sprayed blue and white.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
PS: I think I might be pissed, but if the greenies complain about a rare weed that lives in the the Mithras House weed patch, it is not a genuine native weed, but somebody planted it there.

The point is, I am not having delinquent cats running all over my flat: when I catch it, I am going to put it in the fish tank!

:jester:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
perseus said:
PS: I think I might be pissed, but if the greenies complain about a rare weed that lives in the the Mithras House weed patch, it is not a genuine native weed, but somebody planted it there.

The point is, I am not having delinquent cats running all over my flat: when I catch it, I am going to put it in the fish tank!

:jester:

You're not normal are you?

Plan B is.......written by a man who drowns cats.

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Plan C: I got the cat from underneath the bicycle by enticing it with a piece of (dead) rabbit leg.

PS: the fish tank has got a hole it when the lobster broke the glass and all the water ran out and flooded the flat underneath.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here