Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you reckon Plan B is?

dave the gaffer said:
how do you know we cant afford to go through the process.

Dont be so fecking negative.

If we have gone into this without a backup, my name is Susan

"listen to the old man speak, of all he has lived through...I have crossed between the Poles, and for me there is no mystery"

Storer, you going to see gabriel???

Well, halllooooooo Susie!!

a) I asked Bob Pinnock

b) oh yes I m going to see the great Moribund . Mind you I lost track of his stuff around 1992 when he was Shocking the Monkey way before Michael Jackson. and I 've just booked tix for Blondie next Thursday.

"The path is clear
Though no eye can see
The course laid down
long before"

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Nothing wrong with Whitehawk HELEN, if you look beyond the wankers that live there underneath it all the are good community development schemes in progress.

Grrrrrr - Dont call me Helen!!!! :lolol:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
If the Falmer stadium is rejected then we will have to do something.

I don't believe there is a plan B but there will be a plan B if Falmer is rejected. Which it could be.

Lets just pray we get the right decision because if we don't it doesn't mater what division we're in. We're :censored:.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
"gy gum
ezy cum
yum yum
shake yer bum"

[extract from Black Pudding Bertha. Bertha is a mythical blues singer from Yorkshire]

is it a back-up or a bum deal?

For the record, the Pende plan is also at:

http://www.glaucus.org.uk/Pende.htm

The last web page wasn't working before.

Brighton Council are naff. they can't get a football stadium sorted out, and they got themselves into a mess trying to pretend they are going to save the West Pier.

I am not interested in hearing excuses. That's like blaming the referee.

If Prescott throws out the plan it will not be because of the NIMBYs it will be because the Falmer plan is not good enough.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Plan b is a riot.

something will smash and burn if this doesn't happen.

Spiros and Storer 68 are right.

There is no Plan B. To achieve any sort of major development in an AONB (or National Park), it is essential to demonstrate that the development is necessary and that there is no alternative site available.

Waterhall will not be supported by the City Council - especially now that it no longer has an overall Labour majority.

It is too late to look at Newhaven (where other plans are now moving along, including the Waste Incinerator which will probably get planning consent from Prescott).

Perseus is the only advocate of Pende (and his proposal includes a massive amount of housing and commercial development, which would be subject to the sort of Public Inquiry that would cost several times more than we've already spent on getting Falmer this far).

The only alternative to Falmer MIGHT be a 9,000 capacity rented stadium at Withdean. But even that would need permanent planning permission and could be refused by the City Council. There would certainly be a long (and expensive) Public Inquiry.

My guess is that if Prescott turns down Falmer, Dick Knight will kick start a permanent move to Withdean and then resign, leaving a successor to pick up the pieces.

So we'd then be looking for a new Chairman with:-

(a) bags of money;

(b) enough influence with the City Council to swing them round to supporting a permanent stay at Withdean;

(c) a wish to run a team that will never be viable in a league higher than Division Two.

Too depressing for words. That's why I've been supporting Plan A. Keep the Faith. We won the argument at the Public Inquiry. We'll get Prescott's approval. The Business Plan will fund the new stadium. And we'll be playing First Division football to crowds of 20,000 at Falmer within three years.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Withdean. It's 70% of the way there, having the advantage of already being a sports Complex with a football stadium in the middle. All it would need is an upgrade - and a council-sponsored death squad to despatch about six of the most vehement NIMBYs. Don't believe a word of the bluster of it not being possible. If the local Chamber of Commerce has a plan credible enough to make the front page of the Argus last Saturday to build a mega-underground park'n'ride under Preston Park, then there's nowt at Withdean that couldn't be done with the building of a couple of tunnels and bridges. The 'access' problem is pure bolleaux.

Actually, come to think of it, Preston Park could stick a stadium in the corner and nobody would hardly notice, what with the Chamber of Commerce underground Park'n'Ride and the sixteen storey block of ugly flats at the old Endeavour Motors site.

Bring It On sez Tom Hark, Preston Park :clap2:

berkshire seagull said:
It takes no more than 18 months to build a state of the art stadium,so why 3 years.???
Firstly because Brighton University have to vacate the site. Which they can only do once they have built replacement buildings elsewhere on the campus. And they haven't yet got planning permission to build those replacement buildings (which is why we are being asked to write yet more letters of support to B&H Council).

Realistically, construction of the stadium will only be able to start in late 2004/early 2005 (although things like the highway works, including providing a new access to Sussex University can start earlier than that).

There is also a huge excavation job that is necessary at the stadium site - to achieve the "low profile" end result that is the price of getting planning permission.

Allow your 18 months to build the thing and it's the beginning of the 2006/07 season - at the very earliest - that we'll be moving in.

I make that three years from now.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Lord Bracknell said:
Firstly because Brighton University have to vacate the site. Which they can only do once they have built replacement buildings elsewhere on the campus. And they haven't yet got planning permission to build those replacement buildings (which is why we are being asked to write yet more letters of support to B&H Council).

Realistically, construction of the stadium will only be able to start in late 2004/early 2005 (although things like the highway works, including providing a new access to Sussex University can start earlier than that).

There is also a huge excavation job that is necessary at the stadium site - to achieve the "low profile" end result that is the price of getting planning permission.

Allow your 18 months to build the thing and it's the beginning of the 2006/07 season - at the very earliest - that we'll be moving in.

I make that three years from now.
Thankyou sir bracknell :clap2:

Christ reading that you have pissed me off even more as thats miles away for fu-cks sake.
Christ the target was clear recently at 2005 and now its possibly 2007 fu-cking hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll how gloomy grrrrrr.

Christ that means that it has taken dick 10 years to get us a ground and surely this must be in the record books.

Christ why can't things be straight forward these days,well give me the bulldozer and i'll knock those stupid buildings down in less than a day.:clap2:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Christ im still angry :angry:

2007:shootself

It goes up 2 years extra all the time and now i no why taylor,adams and coppell left and can't blame them as thats way to long.:nono:

berkshire seagull said:
Christ that means that it has taken dick 10 years to get us a ground and surely this must be in the record books.
And if Prescott turns Falmer down, it will take DK's successor a lot more than 10 years to achieve an alternative.

Don't blame Dick Knight. Blame the UK planning system. How anyone thinks we'll be able to stage the 2012 Olympics is beyond me.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
We could build a state of the art floating stadium couldn't we?

We'd always win as we'd master the conditions.

Plus you don't need planning permission to put something in the sea do you?

You could swim to it or get on a park and ride boat. VIP's could have their own dingys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here