Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you generally listen to in your car

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When going any distance?

I tend to listen mostly to my Ipod on shuffle and occasionally Radio 2. If there's any sport on that I'm interested in it's Radio 5 or when the Albion are playing and I'm not there SCR. That's about it, I occasionaly get Splash FM or Southern Sound come up on the radio but seldom make the end of the song or the spiel before turning it off or over.

The downside is that I seldom get to hear any modern music as Radio 2 doesn't really play it. I rely on my kids telling me whats worth a listen and occasionally NSC threads on music (although I have to admit I've hardly heard of any of the artists when the thread is about who you want to win some music award)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I don't have a car :down:

ditto :down:

but I normally have my Ipod for long trips which has a mixture of nigh on EVERYTHING genre wise from 1950's - present day - music of tomorrow

i'm quite into my indie stuff at the moment if I have to be specific but will listen to nigh on ANYTHING (bar the stuff I said in the previous thread)

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
ditto :down:

but I normally have my Ipod for long trips which has a mixture of nigh on EVERYTHING genre wise from 1950's - present day - music of tomorrow

i'm quite into my indie stuff at the moment if I have to be specific but will listen to nigh on ANYTHING (bar the stuff I said in the previous thread)

Yeah I have my ipod too. Which is a mixture of everything old, new you name it.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Just bopught an ıpod nano with itrip so this is always on in the car and when I'm travelling without wifey and kid

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Radio 5 Live and, in the morning, Edinburgh's finest: Boogie & Jill on Forth One.

I used to play CDs, but don't much anymore as most of my trips are 30 minutes or under. Would proabbly take a selection for a longer drive though.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I tend to have the ipod on suffle for shorter journeys (say less than an hour or two). If im going on a longer journey I tend to pick four of five albums for the jounrney (usually something from Akaline Trio, Yellowcard, Motion City Soundtrack, New Found Glory and The Jam)

Playing On The Grit

Twitter: @leighjcooper
Apr 2, 2008
Has to be Radio 2 although Ken Bruce can be a little twee and Steve Wright and his co presenters can be a little annoying and they tend to show off. Chris Evans is the best presenter/dj on air.
On a Saturday evening Dave Cash on SCR is quite entertaining if you want to lose yourself. Local independent radio sucks, especially Southern FM. I used to sometimes listen to Splash but that annoying, waffling Irish woman and the bloke (Radford?) who used to be on SCR put me right off.
Anyone listened to Russell Brand on Radio 2 on Saturday nights? You either love him or hate him but I think he is quality and I laugh non stop.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
mixed cd's that I make all the time, usually a disc full of my favourite tunes from one particular band......today I'm taking a disc full of Bloc Party

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
But when I'm in my dad's car, we listen to TalkSport which is good.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Motivational / Self-Help / Business cds - the likes of John Maxwell, Jack Canfield, Zig Ziglar, Ken Blanchard and Robert Kiyosaki.

Buttinhams

Be seeing you!
Apr 24, 2008
I would like to KILL anyone who plays music that outside the car just sounds like THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bloody Morons:censored:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I don't think you can beat the Greatest Hits of Mike and the Mechanics for ultimate driving music. That cassette has been in my Montego Estate for about 4 months now and I still don't tire of it.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
tutting, sharp intakes of breath, muttered 'did you see him?' and 'what are you going this way for?', mostly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here