Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you dislike most about Brighton?

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
The councils indifference to the deterioration of the Victorian seafront infrastructure. Once it's gone, it's gone. Needs £70m spending on it. No money available except for the iTurd.

VERY much this

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nothing like as good a city as it thinks it is

Apart from that it's pretty cool.

This. Brighton residents who bang on about it like it's San Francisco or something. Don't get me wrong. It's a decent place. But it's not nearly as desirable as some of the local bores like to think it is.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
House prices.
Climate (I'm comparing it to the Med, here).
I'd like a mountain range to be nearby.

And that's it. I love Brighton.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The pedestrian speed at which pedestrian only areas are being introduced. There really is no need for cars to enter the 'old' town (inside east, west & north st)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It's currently 120 miles away from me. BUT, I've decided I'm going to move back! Just about to start the decision process about which area in Brighton.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The councils indifference to the deterioration of the Victorian seafront infrastructure. Once it's gone, it's gone. Needs £70m spending on it. No money available except for the iTurd.

The Council have spent millions on the seafront widening pathways & encouraging millions of pounds if private investment in bars, restaurants, shops & art galleries. 20 years ago you had a point with abandoned arches, not now

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This. Brighton residents who bang on about it like it's San Francisco or something. Don't get me wrong. It's a decent place. But it's not nearly as desirable as some of the local bores like to think it is.

Indeed. They tend to be people who've never lived anywhere else. Brighton is cool, it's basically a decent town, one of the best in the area. But a lot of its residents seem to think it's some kind of bustling melting pot of a multi-cultural metropolis. It isn't. And parts of it are awful, although it's better than it used to be.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Property and rent prices.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
The Council have spent millions on the seafront widening pathways & encouraging millions of pounds if private investment in bars, restaurants, shops & art galleries. 20 years ago you had a point with abandoned arches, not now

Large areas will soon be declared unsafe and closed off. I have no political agenda here just making reference to rotting ironwork and cliff retaining structures.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The Hospital, wrong location, very poor parking and completely outdated. One of the worst in the South of England in this respect. New build urgently required.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
All the far left students that seem to migrate to brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here