Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What did you think of your seat today?

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
It brings me no pleasure to say this, I'm going to be controversial here, and please don't take this as critisism. I don't think WSU was ever as loud last season as the Chelsea fans were yesterday. I was in my usual seat, WSM, and all of us agreed that yesterday was the loudest we'd ever heard from WSU.

I thought that too. I was in my usual seat, East side. It could be because last season was so long ago that I've forgotten what it was like, but the Chelsea fans (from my seat) were drowning out everyone else.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
moved from WSU to north & thoroughly enjoyed it, took me back a few years!!
As for Chelsea being very loud? Do me a favour, maybe to start with but other than when they scored they were like church mice from 30 minutes... then f***ed off home early.

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
Went from WSU to WSL and to be honest it was like watching at a completely different venue, there didn't appear to be any atmosphere and when the we're the north stand/west stand song went up, I felt really awkward singing it as people around just stared as if to say, how dare you sing here, it seemed so detached.
Now I'm not having a swipe at anyone but I can't wait to get back to the WSU, it's just a better atmosphere with a better view
That's all

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
ESL last season, WSL yesterday.
Missed the sight of us playing with the backdrop of the the west stand, and the atmosphere yesterday in no way made up for it. Hearing but not seeing WSU was just plain odd.
Really looking forward to the sight and sound of new new ESU seat.

Completely agree. The great thing about the East is the fantastic view of the West. I was in the WSL for the first time yesterday, and you have no idea from there what's above you.

Having said this, I'd love to experience WSU one day.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It was a friendly and the stadium was half empty, difficult to compare the atmosphere to a proper game.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It was a friendly and the stadium was half empty, difficult to compare the atmosphere to a proper game.

Indeed. Was in ESL instead of WSU and of course like most I preferred my normal stand. I like the enclosed feeling and atmosphere of the WSU and not having to shield my eyes against the sun's brightness. Each to their own I know some people love ESL.

Jul 13, 2012
Sat in east lower corner in the new seats and must say if there was season tickets avalible there Id move from north stand.

better view of the West and corner and thouget the north stand was aloud as Chelsea.

Bazzza67

Feb 6, 2011
Brighton, UK
My normal seat is A Block WSU row H....which is great, close to the stairs and the bar!...Yesterday, I was in G Block WSL, Row F.... you are so low down you cannot
get an idea of perspective in the southern half of the pitch, also agree with other's posters, think there's more atmosphere on the moon!....very happy to stay where I
am. My son however, liked that we were close to the players..(and we got a picture with him & CMS before the game)

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Made the switch from ESL to the North - 3 rows from the back (I think) in Row V. Meant I was able to stand up throughout the game, and was in line with the right-hand post. Could see most of the game pretty perfectly - decent view of all the goals. I'm also one who struggled to hear much from the Chelsea fans in the WSU - in fact, most of the North's songs were aimed at Chelsea, singing "We forgot you were here" and "Shall we sing a song for you". So I'd suggest that it was more than a few of us who barely heard anything from Chelsea all game.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Moved from a great position in WSL to East side of the North. Great atmosphere in the North but the language was a bit ripe for my 10 year old although she loved the singing. Thing that completely freaked me was how big the West looked - especially with the new overhangs at the south end. What an awesome football stadium we have, especially with the new East upper. If ever a club was geared up for the Prem and beyond it's ours.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Normally sit in WSU but moved to ESL for the game was very strange to start with as felt completely different, was awesome to look at the West Stand during a game, it looks incredible. Was nice for a change, but still happy with my usual seat.

Weretheweststand

Unregistered User
Aug 23, 2011
Hailsham
My ST is in the WSU, I sat in the WSL yesterday and have also sat in the north and south before, and I still feel that the WSU is the best section, I just much prefer having a top-down perspective of the game

D

Deleted member 2719

:smile:
You're right of course Paul, for the one or two times the whole of the wsu sang it was loud, the rest of the time...........meh :wink:

On another subject, when are you going to grace us with your presence at New Street again ? :bowdown:

Us West Upper oldies go more for quality rather than quantity Dave you should know that.:wink:

I'm sorry i have not been in New Street recently as i am out getting new business but i have not deserted you and will be visiting on our next call Due on the 22nd Aug (Day after Cardiff). What shift do you do now???

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
NS saturday from WSU.
Better view than I expected and the whole ground looks awesome.

The atmosphere took a while to build but the majority of people where sitting where they wouldn't normally sit or where surrounded by new people. Sounded great when the game really got going. Be happy to be back in WSU though.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
We always justify our existing seat!! We in ESL front row yesterday - it was like looking up and no atmosphere (altho my 8 year old loved being next to the players)! I love my view from second back row in ESL (I liked WSU but cant afford it!) but hate the kids around us!

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Us West Upper oldies go more for quality rather than quantity Dave you should know that.:wink:

I'm sorry i have not been in New Street recently as i am out getting new business but i have not deserted you and will be visiting on our next call Due on the 22nd Aug (Day after Cardiff). What shift do you do now???

Afternoons as always, have to do my proper job first !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here