Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What did you think of your seat today?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Usually in WSU but sampled the North for the first time yesterday.

Really enjoyed it, the result plays a big part in that of course. Was in row X so high enough up to get a decent view of the pitch. Wouldn't like to be any further forward.

Atmosphere wasn't great, but friendlies never are. Overall I still prefer getting the greater view of the pitch from the WSU, but would still happily have a ST in the back rows of the north in future as it was great being closer to the action.

Trying WSL for the Reading game.

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
Sat in WSL, almost opposite my ESL seat last season.
Felt the atmosphere was a bit flat, but it was a friendly.
Couldn't get over how loud the Chelski fans sounded!

Will be in ESU this season, so will have a better view of the game and can still gaze across at the gorgeous west stand!
Lets hope there's more atmosphere in ESU than in ESL... :)

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
In the North Stand for the first time. Did not hear Chelsea at all. Too much swearing with kids in there today. The crossbar obscured the view. Too far from the other end. Much prefer half way line view. It was really nice to see both big stands. When you are in the West Stand you do not realise how fantastic it looks.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
On another side though, the noise coming from above when the Chelsea fans got going made me realise how loud we are, when we got going.

It brings me no pleasure to say this, I'm going to be controversial here, and please don't take this as critisism. I don't think WSU was ever as loud last season as the Chelsea fans were yesterday. I was in my usual seat, WSM, and all of us agreed that yesterday was the loudest we'd ever heard from WSU.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Didn't move to far! Used to be behind the goal in the North but have moved to the back of the Stand. Much better view a bit more sheltered from the elements. Not too happy with the bloke next to me mind who moaned every time someone swore! To be fair it was his first match with his 8 year old and once pointed in the direction of the Family Stand for future reference chilled out! He said there was no need for someone to call Lampard a "FAT C##T" Had to disagree with that one.................::clap2:

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
I could hear them but people in the WSL were saying they were "incredibly loud" which wasn't my experience.

Was also in the North and Chelsea fans were reasonably loud in the first half but in the second half heard virtually nothing from them ..... hardly any left up there with 10 minutes still to play.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
I'm normally in WSL but above the away bench next to 1901. Yesterday I was in A block in WSL and felt too far away from the action. Plus WSL is normally noisier - with the help of WSU - but with the Chelsea lot there, the whole of the West stand was a lot quieter. Maybe i'm just going deaf!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
As far as the view is concerned I moved from row v wsu to row c north stand, I enjoyed a better atmosphere and being closer to the action but I didn't like the view, virtually pitch level and when the ball is at the other end there is no depth perception and hard to tell what exactly is happening.

I would like to try further up towards the back of the north but with all those seats being ST's I don't think I'll ever get the chance.

I like my seat in wsu and glad I didn't request a move for this season....

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Normally WSL in line with south penalty area and about half way up the stand. Yesterday tried ESL on half way line in row before the 1901 seats. Seemed miles away from the action and no atmosphere. WSL usually is much louder. Can't wait to get back to my seat.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
I'm normally in WSL but above the away bench next to 1901. Yesterday I was in A block in WSL and felt too far away from the action. Plus WSL is normally noisier - with the help of WSU - but with the Chelsea lot there, the whole of the West stand was a lot quieter. Maybe i'm just going deaf!

To be fair there was a lot of people who had never been before and had gone either to watch Chelsea or to experience the Amex, the atmosphere will be so much better once the season starts. There were for obvious reasons and arguments a lot of people who did not attend yesterday and there spaces were filled with newbies and families. If the WSU can create the atmosphere of the Chelsea fans in the first half we will be in for a loud season.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
As far as the view is concerned I moved from row v wsu to row c north stand, I enjoyed a better atmosphere and being closer to the action but I didn't like the view, virtually pitch level and when the ball is at the other end there is no depth perception and hard to tell what exactly is happening.

I would like to try further up towards the back of the north but with all those seats being ST's I don't think I'll ever get the chance.

I like my seat in wsu and glad I didn't request a move for this season....

I may have a spare for a few games next season next to me at the back in the North and will bear you in mind!

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
ESL last season, WSL yesterday.
Missed the sight of us playing with the backdrop of the the west stand, and the atmosphere yesterday in no way made up for it. Hearing but not seeing WSU was just plain odd.
Really looking forward to the sight and sound of new new ESU seat.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This topic has been done to death and it's always the same. Basically everybody says their seat is the best and that any other is a poor alternative. When you think about it, that's obviously always going to be the case. We all CHOSE our seats last summer, so of course we are all going to like our own. We didn't show up and stick pins in a map of the stadium at random, we obviously selected spots with our preferences in mind. This thread is just a chance for people to suggest they're in a better seat and another part of the stadium is shit. Well it's not, it's just that everybody likes something different.

Wish I had chosen my seat because if I had I'd be somewhere else, tried at the end of last season but I couldn't get what I asked for and by the time they told me all the other spots I might have gone for were taken. Judging the atmo on yesterday's game is pretty irrelevant though

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Dave, i didn't realise you enjoyed a spot of:fishing:

Your never out sing the upper..........:smile:
:smile:
You're right of course Paul, for the one or two times the whole of the wsu sang it was loud, the rest of the time...........meh :wink:

On another subject, when are you going to grace us with your presence at New Street again ? :bowdown:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Went from WSU, to ESL. Much prefer WSU though was quite nice to see some of the little touches from Bruno and Calde which would have been missed in my usual seat
It took me ages, and far to long than is healthy, to work out my man love for Calde and Buckley was due to me seat. Family stand.
I couldn't understand why there were some on here, that couldn't see their greatness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here