Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What did you think of your seat today?

If you changed seat for the game, did you end up wishing you were back in your usual place?

I moved from the North Stand just to see what it was like in the West Stand Lower. My verdict? Disappointing. Whilst I was nearer to the midfield action, the WSL felt curiously detached from the "whole stadium" atmosphere that we enjoy in the north. The complete invisibility of the WSU makes the stadium seem much smaller than it seems from the North Stand.

And whilst the WSL concourse is fine for a post-match drink, it's soulless at half time.

I'll be glad to get back to my regular perch, behind the goal.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Went from WSU, to ESL. Much prefer WSU though was quite nice to see some of the little touches from Bruno and Calde which would have been missed in my usual seat

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Opposite for me. Was in my usual E1901 seat. I would have liked to change, but not at the expense of £30 to do so. It's going to sound amazing with the upper East filled and shouting above us.

Spoon

May 31, 2009
went from WSU to WSL and found the view of the pitch much worse, we were also right at the end (South) not near the halfway line and as soon as the ball went up the other end we couldn't really tell what was happening. looking forward to my own seat on Tuesday night (after I've disinfected it)

Yoda

English & European
If you changed seat for the game, did you end up wishing you were back in your usual place?

I moved from the North Stand just to see what it was like in the West Stand Lower. My verdict? Disappointing. Whilst I was nearer to the midfield action, the WSL felt curiously detached from the "whole stadium" atmosphere that we enjoy in the north. The complete invisibility of the WSU makes the stadium seem much smaller than it seems from the North Stand.

And whilst the WSL concourse is fine for a post-match drink, it's soulless at half time.

I'll be glad to get back to my regular perch, behind the goal.

Pretty much sums up my feeling, but coming from the WSU. Was at the north end of the stand but there was no atmosphere even though we were right next the where our noise was comming from. Must the the first time I've left with my voice fully intact.

On another side though, the noise coming from above when the Chelsea fans got going made me realise how loud we are, when we got going.

Can't wait to try the North on Tuesday.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Moved from wsu to north and felt completely detached. The atmosphere was ok but it didn't feel like being in the middle of a big crowd.

View was good though (row y)

Much prefer the wsu.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I know exactly what you mean, I moved from the north to WSL for the Derby game. Felt like an outsider, no noise, atmosphere, anything. And I agree it makes the ground look smaller, although I suppose it must look a bit better now with those corners and the extra east tier. It also had me swooning over the north stand when they were going mental thinking "I should be over there (big sad face)".

On the bright side though, I saw Vicente's run from pretty much ground level (row B). Something I will never forget!

But, never again will I move!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Pretty much sums up my feeling, but coming from the WSU. Was at the north end of the stand but there was no atmosphere even though we were right next the where our noise was comming from. Must the the first time I've left with my voice fully intact.

On another side though, the noise coming from above when the Chelsea fans got going made me realise how loud we are, when we got going.

Can't wait to try the North on Tuesday.
A friendly is no way to judge the atmosphere in the north. It will be pretty awful with a small crowd and a pointless game.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Normally back row North stand, tried the front row.. The view was great but I had some miserable lady who wouldn't even stand when we scored....

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Sat in WSL today, normally sit WSU. Much prefer West stand upper, better view of the whole game and a lot better atmosphere, WSL is very quiet!

Last edited:

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I was in the North in my usual seat but surrounded by people I'd never seen before, lots of WSU'ers I believe, and I think this is the reason the atmosphere was slightly subdued.
It will return to normal service for the Cardiff game, of that I'm sure !

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Sat in WSL today, normally sit WSU. Much prefer West stand upper, better view of the whole game and a lot better atmosphere, WSL is very quiet!

I'm a WSL STH and it's not quiet at all. Wasn't there yesterday and can only assume it was filled by neutrals or something

Jun 24, 2010
Goring
I'm normally in block b at the back of WSL near the south end, and tried row c right next to our dugout. View was not as good and atmosphere was flat. However, it was brilliant to see gus getting up, and hearing him swearing and joking with the bench and the team. Good experience but think I liked my normal seat better. I do agree that the ground looks smaller in the WSL tho (having been in all of the other sides).

All of the comments on here about the atmosphere not being as good as in their normal seat is because people were not used to where they were sitting imo. Also Chelsea were quite intimidating to start with (until we taught them a few lessons on the pitch). WSL has been electric for some games last year.

I can understand people expressing an opinion about a different view of the game from a different stand - and I would never choose to watch a game from behind the goal - it is bizarre to talk about comparing the atmosphere in different stands at a friendly. If there was no atmosphere in WSL it is because the usual occupants weren't there.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yesterday proved that you can hardly hear the WSU from the north and vice versa. Those in the WSL said the Chesea lot were very loud but we couldn't hear them that much in the north.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Moved from WSU to ESL.

Good to be closer to the action. Liked that and think I miss it way up in the gods in the west.

Nice to see the West Stand, but little atmosphere in ESL compared to WSU.

Was in row U, but can imagine getting wet if it rains on a westerly wind.

Nice to be in the sun.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Normally in family stand, love it there as kids so enthusiastic - brings a tear :)

Moved to North stand block d with my little un, was brilliant.

D

Deleted member 2719

I was in the North in my usual seat but surrounded by people I'd never seen before, lots of WSU'ers I believe, and I think this is the reason the atmosphere was slightly subdued.
It will return to normal service for the Cardiff game, of that I'm sure !

Dave, i didn't realise you enjoyed a spot of:fishing:

Your never out sing the upper..........:smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here