Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What did Dobbie do?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Serious question, don't think I heard his name mentioned more than twice after he came on, anyone who was there who could fill me in what happened to him?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well, what did the Romans do ?

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
needs to ask his mate Harry Potter to get his wand out and magic up some points....

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I was there and forgot he came on. He made about one good pass I think. Really needs to do something special to prove himself I think.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
It's odd, like he's got Torres syndrome. He comes on the pitch with exactly the right frame of mind, reads the game well, but then he executes and it's like he's got someone else's legs with someone else's mind controlling them After 5 attempts or so he kind of gives up touching the ball as if he realises he's been cursed or something. He appears to lose confidence within 5 touches of the ball. Shame because you can see his initial ideas are spot on.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Dobbie's main asset is his lack of pace. Says a lot really.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
First time I have seen dobbie live. He reminded me of billy paynter without the ability.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I was there and i can tell you what Dobbie did.

1. Act surprised when the ball came to feet at a well positioned free kick let leicester break 2 on 2 and cause bridders a booking when he had to take thier man out.
2. Miss a good half chance in the last minute.
3. Take 2 or 3 touches when one would have done and pass to the opposition.

Bring back Billy Paynter

Leicester Seagull

Oct 24, 2009
I was there and i can tell you what Dobbie did.

1. Act surprised when the ball came to feet at a well positioned free kick let leicester break 2 on 2 and cause bridders a booking when he had to take thier man out.
2. Miss a good half chance in the last minute.
3. Take 2 or 3 touches when one would have done and pass to the opposition.

Bring back Billy Paynter

Whilst I agree with this, you could say exactly the same about a number of other players. That's not to excuse Dobbie's performance, but at least he is still adapting to our team.

As a team, we continually took too many touches, gave the ball away needlessly (our set pieces for instance often seemed to result in us suddenly having to defend Leicester counterattack), and Barnes and CMS also missed chances. Dobbie was not the only one. I think most would agree that he has far more potential than Barndoor Billy, but unfortunately, he's not the missing piece of the puzzle- a powerful target man is.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Apparently he is great at Fifa 13!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here