Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What did Dobbie do?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Whilst I agree with this, you could say exactly the same about a number of other players. That's not to excuse Dobbie's performance, but at least he is still adapting to our team.

As a team, we continually took too many touches, gave the ball away needlessly (our set pieces for instance often seemed to result in us suddenly having to defend Leicester counterattack), and Barnes and CMS also missed chances. Dobbie was not the only one. I think most would agree that he has far more potential than Barndoor Billy, but unfortunately, he's not the missing piece of the puzzle- a powerful target man is.

You are of course right that i am being a tad unfair to Dobbie. CMS had 2 great chances and Barnes the penalty but despite all that it was Dobbies cock ups that stood out for me - he can surely only get better because he cant get worse. As for the set plays i could not agree more - over elaborate in the extreme at times and painful to watch.

Target man required. Like that Murray bloke for Palace.

Leicester Seagull

Oct 24, 2009
You are of course right that i am being a tad unfair to Dobbie. CMS had 2 great chances and Barnes the penalty but despite all that it was Dobbies cock ups that stood out for me - he can surely only get better because he cant get worse. As for the set plays i could not agree more - over elaborate in the extreme at times and painful to watch.

Target man required. Like that Murray bloke for Palace.

Yes we can only hope he does get better- we need someone who can create some magic in midfield/behind the strikers rather than just relying on Buckley or the ever-absent Vicente.

The set plays truly were woeful weren't they. As a side, we looked hesitant, frail and lacking in confidence tonight (particularly in the middle of the park), and for me that showed nowhere more than in our set pieces. We stuttered, stumbled and faffed about, and usually ended up bringing more trouble unto ourselves than the opposition.

Sometimes, the players looked genuinely too scared to just look up and put the ball into the box with any kind of real intent. When Bridcutt did manage to put in a good cross, we almost scored. Then, shockingly, when he got a second chance immediately after to whip another in, he tried to play it short, resulting in another Leicester break away.

I hope Gus has some words on the training ground.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
CMS and Dobbie were 'having words' shortly after Dobbie came on, a couple of his first touches hadn't come off for him and he was giving CMS stick, who gave it back in spades. When you see your own players arguing among themselves I thought any chance of us getting back in the game was rapidly disappearing.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
I was there and this is what Dobbie did. He stood on the touchline waiting to come on thinking 'if only Gus would give me a free role just behind CMS to support him and try to get something from this game' and was then told he would be playing in front of Bridcutt in a central midfield position. He came on and was tidy when the ball was at his feet, his movement was OK and he always tried to make something happen BUT was again put on with pressure to make an impact but played in a position where he isn't going to be able to make that impact.

Anyone who wants to start shouting and labelling Dobbie as 'shit' clearly needs to take a long hard look at his past record and their knowledge of the game of football.

Play him just off CMS and we could be on to a winner, play him in the middle of midfield and it gives the muppets the perfect chance to slate him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here