Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What did Bloom recently say about signings ?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I wonder if there is a bead of sweat rolling down anyones forehead, waiting for the splash, in slow motion, as it hits the desk.

"What do we tell Sami tomorrow morning" :shrug:
According to Naylor's tweets, he's furious with Ward & his agent

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
This is the turning point for me, I've been confident we would recruit well all preseason.

The fact that it looks like we have been chasing what is now a lost cause for the best part of 3 months worries me a lot.

A striker
Winger
Left back
Centre midfielder

Are needed to even be challenging for the top 6.

FFS

And say none of those, with quality, are signed. Does a relegation battle beckon?

The thought of relying on CMS, Agustien, makeshift LB's, no finishers ... to get points from or even score against Fulham, Cardiff, Forest, Wigan, Norwich, Derby, Watford, M'boro, and so on .... looks difficult to say the least.

Peterrhodes

Aug 18, 2009
London
The season started last week, yes deadline is a few weeks away but frankly we are 5/6 quality players off a team to stay up let alone challenge in this league. We have no left back, if Sami felt that chicken would grow into it Calderon wouldn't have started v Sheffield Wednesday. We have failed with a minimum now of the last 4 attempted signings and were expected to believe that 5/6 quality players will roll in on a chariot and save us? Even kazenga lualua is questioning the club now!

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
So far, it is incredibly poor - yes.

So who do you blame for this? The Board or Other. Please specify!

Because at this moment in time, we are a utter laughing stock and we couldn't recruit a man with only one arm, one leg and wears a eye patch.

Oh wait, he could be our next striker!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
So who do you blame for this? The Board or Other. Please specify!

Because at this moment in time, we are a utter laughing stock and we couldn't recruit a man with only one arm, one leg and wears a eye patch.

Oh wait, he could be our next striker!

It could be down to many reasons, the board obviously take some of this blame, but since we dont know everything which happens - does anyone really 100% know ?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Yes, apparently you are if you cant read a calendar.

Are you GENUINELY saying you're happy with where we are and how said team might gel before we're left behind in the league even IF we get anyone worthwhile in before end of transfer window?

I'm sick and tired of this blind rhetoric of supporting the club and or bloom no matter what bloody happens in the meantime.

It's not good, we pay a truckload on everything and have done so in the faith that we're all pulling in the same direction when we're clearly not.

It's absolute ssloblock to stand around with our collective thumbs up the Club's rectum saying "it'll be alright on the night" when it clearly won't.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Are you GENUINELY saying you're happy with where we are and how said team might gel before we're left behind in the league even IF we get anyone worthwhile in before end of transfer window?

I'm sick and tired of this blind rhetoric of supporting the club and or bloom no matter what bloody happens in the meantime.

It's not good, we pay a truckload on everything and have done so in the faith that we're all pulling in the same direction when we're clearly not.

It's absolute ssloblock to stand around with our collective thumbs up the Club's rectum saying "it'll be alright on the night" when it clearly won't.

No, I am not happy with the team we have now, but we have TWO f*cking weeks to get the replacements in. Palace were pointless for all of August of the season when they went up, god help NSC if that happened here.

Bloom said "judge at the end of August" - that is when I will judge. If you or others dont like that, well, I simply couldnt care less. I am not prepared to slate the club without knowing the full facts.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
No, I am not happy with the team we have now, but we have TWO f*cking weeks to get the replacements in. Palace were pointless for all of August of the season when they went up, god help NSC if that happened here.

Bloom said "judge at the end of August" - that is when I will judge. If you or others dont like that, well, I simply couldnt care less. I am not prepared to slate the club without knowing the full facts.
even at the time " judge at the end of august" was bullshit. The season started last week & the squad was threadbare - with cash in the bank gathering dust

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles

Genuine question: At what point will you start to worry. a week before the deadline? a day? Hour? Once it's closed and far too late? Maybe when the Loan window closes and we're left with castoffs?

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War

Well if you're happy, then we're all happy agreed? Because there are 12 points to play for and we've already dropped three. So you like playing catch up with the rest in this division then do you?

Get a grip, 17 days and counting is a very short time to get 5 to 6 "targets" in and to get these deals over the line and let them gel with the team.

Going by our current recruitment policy 5 to 6 targets seems very unlikely to happen, and we will have to be happy with loans or even freebies. How many more transfer windows are we going have to suffer for and be a complete and utter ****ing shambles?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Genuine question: At what point will you start to worry. a week before the deadline? a day? Hour? Once it's closed and far too late? Maybe when the Loan window closes and we're left with castoffs?

It'll worry at the end of August. When the chairman who has paid for everything we hold dear told us it'll be sorted by. If it isn't, then we're entirely justified in complaining. Until then it's all a bit over the top. Leagues are not won (or barely started!) in August. Palace went from relegation places to the play-offs and promotion from January to May.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
He can't direct any anger at the club. At the end of the day Ward's agent has done a great job to get him in the Prem.

This deal could have been tied up weeks ago.

Could it, really? Do you have the facts to back that up? Because I have no idea what happened here but would love to know.

Know as in actually know rather than just make stuff up, mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here