Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What did Bloom recently say about signings ?

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
So who do you blame for this? The Board or Other. Please specify!

Because at this moment in time, we are a utter laughing stock and we couldn't recruit a man with only one arm, one leg and wears a eye patch.

Oh wait, he could be our next striker!

He still sounds more promising than Obika :lolol:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Could it, really? Do you have the facts to back that up? Because I have no idea what happened here but would love to know.

Know as in actually know rather than just make stuff up, mind.

I'm not the only one who believes that a Ward deal could have been sorted weeks ago so I have nothing to prove. In any case I'm not bothered, just bemused at this and the last window, and totally fascinated by our approach.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just wonder whether some of the players who weren't deemed good enough a month ago, may be our last resorts.

Dobbie, Rodriguez and Obika type players looking a possibility...... :ffsparr:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
No, I am not happy with the team we have now, but we have TWO f*cking weeks to get the replacements in. Palace were pointless for all of August of the season when they went up, god help NSC if that happened here.

Bloom said "judge at the end of August" - that is when I will judge. If you or others dont like that, well, I simply couldnt care less. I am not prepared to slate the club without knowing the full facts.

Unless we have a change of recruitment strategy then I can only see a number of disappointed fans when the window shuts, either the club realises that if you want quality you have to pay the going rate for it or if they don't want to pay then they need to lower their sights to players we can afford. You can't get quality for peanuts and unless acknowledge that then the best we can hope for is a few last minute panic buys or having to rely on loan signings yet again.

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
I have 2 questions!

1/. Is the club seriously looking to do all there business in the last few days of the window by snapping up players surplus to requirement in the premier league?

i.e. Premier clubs will need to trim the fat before naming there 25 man squads

2/. If number 1 is the case is the playing side of the club attractive enough to a transfer target now compared to 2 months ago

i.e. Would you have wanted to sign for a club that had the likes of Ulloa and Buckley in the squad compared to how the team looks now, do we look like a team that could take a player straight back to the promised land rather than a season of struggle at the bottom of the championship.

Thoughts??

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
We may get plyrs in but if they're are that the level of Obika etc then we have a relegation scrap on our hands - our current squad is woeful

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
This is the turning point for me, I've been confident we would recruit well all preseason.

The fact that it looks like we have been chasing what is now a lost cause for the best part of 3 months worries me a lot.

A striker
Winger
Left back
Centre midfielder

Are needed to even be challenging for the top 6.

FFS
Even signing those i would suspect mid table at best now...The midfield is awful and we have two strikers who could be dog shite.Like i said before our current squad is a top 6 league 1 squad.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Doesn't matter what those at the helm say, actions speak louder than words, time to bloody well deliver rather spout out constant spin.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
It amazes me that people seem to think that they have more experience, knowledge, ability to run a multi million pound business than Tony Bloom and his team.

What person in their right mind would allow their biggest asset to be depreciated - without (at the very least) working their ass off to maintain the progress of the last few years, and to make plans to create a better position.

There are always things that screw up the best laid plans of any organisation, and perhaps we're experiencing that here ...

Yes, as fans and STH we have the right to ask and/or make constructive criticism, but the level of passive-aggression and self-important "I know best" postings is really getting to be beyond a joke.

Just be patient, objective and logical - TB has never let us down so far, and there is no reason at all to think otherwise now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here