Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What day and time do you think the home match v Palace will be next season?

What day and time do you think we will play Palace?

• Saturday 3pm

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Tuesday 7.45pm

Votes: 48 55.2%
  • Other

Votes: 29 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
If the Met Police genuinely believe Palace fans are as much of a threat as Millwall fans (from the horses mouth at a Q&A meeting), they should surely have both games early season where there's no indication of promotion/relegation incentives.

Of course, I'm only saying that as I'll be in the UK during August/Sept!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Friday night live

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
We HAVE to beat them next season

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I thought we didn't mean anything to you now ?
Both games 12.00 kick offs, massive police overkill and the return of the Selhurst wall.

Who said you didn't mean anything? Your our rivals, scum, always will be.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If the Met Police genuinely believe Palace fans are as much of a threat as Millwall fans (from the horses mouth at a Q&A meeting), they should surely have both games early season where there's no indication of promotion/relegation incentives.

Of course, I'm only saying that as I'll be in the UK during August/Sept!

Don't hold your breath. The Olympics, the Paralympics, & the Lib Dem conference in Brighton (September) will all impact on games at Selhurst/the Amex to some degree.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I've heard this on very good authority

I know the man who puts the fixtures together, and no club or police authority can request a fixture on a particular date. They can only say when they want a club to be away from home in order to avoid a clash with another local event - eg Pride last summer.

Once he has produced the fixtures, they go to the leagues, clubs and police, who can comment and ask for changes, but it would be very difficult to move a game from a weekend to midweek - ie into another set of games. More likely it would be a question of moving a Saturday game to Sunday or Saturday morning.

Then, when everyone is as happy as possible, the fixtures are published. And still Sir Alex Ferguson complains ...

Meet Fergusons foe: the fixture list planner - Premier League - Football - The Independent

Jan 12, 2012
I know the man who puts the fixtures together, and no club or police authority can request a fixture on a particular date. They can only say when they want a club to be away from home in order to avoid a clash with another local event - eg Pride last summer.

Once he has produced the fixtures, they go to the leagues, clubs and police, who can comment and ask for changes, but it would be very difficult to move a game from a weekend to midweek - ie into another set of games. More likely it would be a question of moving a Saturday game to Sunday or Saturday morning.

Then, when everyone is as happy as possible, the fixtures are published. And still Sir Alex Ferguson complains ...

Meet Fergusons foe: the fixture list planner - Premier League - Football - The Independent

I thought the only people who could change the fixtures and f**k up peoples plans were sky ?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I thought the only people who could change the fixtures and f**k up peoples plans were sky ?

TV can move the times and days of games within certain parameters - eg Saturday to Sunday or Monday evening, or Tuesday to Wednesday - but only after they have been published. They can't ask for certain games to be played on certain weekends. The so-called "Super Sundays" are largely a matter of chance, as no-one knows which clubs will be in the top four on any given weekend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here