Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What day and time do you think the home match v Palace will be next season?

What day and time do you think we will play Palace?

• Saturday 3pm

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Tuesday 7.45pm

Votes: 48 55.2%
  • Other

Votes: 29 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This.

There's no way that Palace home or away will be played at a weekend. So it'll probably be a cold, wet Tuesday in January or February.

Why not? It didn't work playing it on a Tuesday night in Brighton. A Sunday or Saturday lunchtime would be easier to control. The problem with the evening kick offs at the Amex is everyone is fighting to get home at the same time, that wouldn't be an issue on a Saturday.

It all annoys me anyway, it's Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace, with a 20,000 crowd in the English 2nd tier, not Boca v River! They should be able to control a 3pm Saturday kick off easily enough, especially at Selhurst.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Having big games at the Amex on a weekday evening is a right royal pain and nowhere near as enjoyable as a saturday afternoon. I stayed behind for an hour after the Palace, West ham, Leeds and Millwall games so it wasn't such a big deal for me but those who had to leave straight after to get their trains home it wasn't great at all.

Whilst there was no serious outbreak of disorder at any of these games, the condensed travel window makes it more difficult to manage. I'm hoping for weekend fixtures for our 'big' games next season. Personally I think the atmosphere is better on saturdays anyway.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I can't believe anyone has even thought about this. who cares enough to give it a thought :shrug:

Last edited:

stickboy

Banned
May 30, 2012
1pm Saturdays for me and also think it'll be a good idea to have big teams with big followings on Saturdays instead of evenings.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I think it should be on a Saturday/Sunday at lunchtime.
I'm sure it won't be though
I can't see either being anywhere near November 5th either !!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It will be on a Sunday at 12pm. On police advice.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sunday 12.30 kick off , both games shown live on Sky (only in 3D at The Amex)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here