Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What day and time do you think the home match v Palace will be next season?

What day and time do you think we will play Palace?

• Saturday 3pm

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Tuesday 7.45pm

Votes: 48 55.2%
  • Other

Votes: 29 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
With the fixtures out in less than a week, when do you think the Football League will have us down to play the Nigels?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Sunday fixture probably on tv. Hopefully not midweek which will be the worst time to have either game.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Home. Tuesday 6 November, 7:45pm, moved at police request.
Away. Wednesday 13 March, 7:45pm (live on Sky).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have gone for 3.00pm Saturday but can see it logically being a mid day Saturday or Sunday in November or February when there isn't much on in Brighton and not many holiday visitors. I would suggest the police will be anti midweek again.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
early KO, for sure

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
moving the match to an early KO at the weekend would be a major shift in the police tactics from last season - the evening kick off plan was based on the majority of fans heading off home after the match. This leaves the police to mainly manage pre match antics, although this may have fallen down with both sets of fans heading to the station together after the match. The early K.O. instead means the police have to manage post match antics and potentially for a lot longer throughout the remaining day & night. West Ham v Millwall took this approach home & away and it seemed to work out ok, although i think all nearby pubs had to shut for a few hours.

Perhaps it'll be a 'bubble' match and away fans will have to travel on club transport only.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Palace will NEVER fill their ground in time for an early KO...... Oh!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
How much 'trouble' was there really at the Brighton match, though. How many reported arrests? There was a bit of chanting and throwing things outside the ground after the game but hardly widespread pubilc disorder.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
How much 'trouble' was there really at the Brighton match, though. How many reported arrests? There was a bit of chanting and throwing things outside the ground after the game but hardly widespread pubilc disorder.

I know that in Lewes the station was shut and a load of palace fans were kettled in by police before the game. It didn't come to anything, but was certainly disruptive, took a lot of police manpower and was probably repeated in a lot of places.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here