Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Club Would You Like To See Back In The Football League?

What Club Would You Like To See Back In The Football League?

• Luton Town

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • Lincoln City

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Halifax

Votes: 16 11.5%
  • Newport County

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Bradford P.A.

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • York City

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • Darlington

Votes: 16 11.5%
  • Workington

Votes: 9 6.5%
  • Southport

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Barrow

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • Chester City

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Wrexham

Votes: 61 43.9%
  • Grimsby Town

• Rushden & Diamonds

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Cambridge United

Votes: 21 15.1%
  • Stockport County

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • Mansfield Town

• Scarborough

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • Maidstone

Votes: 14 10.1%

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't help thinking Luton have done their time, and I don't like Luton. But their support has held up will - 6,000 a game in the conference isn't much different to what we'd have hoped for in their circumstances.

Wrexham would be a decent addition too and my second choice, followed by Cambridge, York and Mansfield - all of whom are proper clubs with smaller support.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
NOT

Rushden
Cambridge
Scarboro
or
Maidstone.

These I regard as non-league teams with a brief appearance in League football.

Guess I'd have to go for the Imps as I used to watch them when I lived in the area and couldn't get to an Albion game.

THE MIGHTY YORK CITY:moo:

Attachments

• yorvik.jpg
    yorvik.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 27

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
NOT

Rushden
Cambridge
Scarboro
or
Maidstone.

These I regard as non-league teams with a brief appearance in League football.

Guess I'd have to go for the Imps as I used to watch them when I lived in the area and couldn't get to an Albion game.

Cambridge United? They've spent more seasons in the Football League than Hereford United, Wigan Athletic and Wimbledon.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
The romantic in me would want Glossop North End... one of the first clubs and stşll going.

But of the list it is overwhelmingly York City who I watched when at UNi. How they don' count as a proper club like Wrexham or Luton I do not know.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
York. For me the best away weekend in English football. Just a fantastic city with a first-class array of boozers whether you are a Camra dweeb or a pub-crawl merchant or a single 20 something group of lads up for a weekend of boozing and womanising. Love the ground, decent set of fans and I would love to see them back

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maidstone United. They went into administration (bust) and ended up at the bottom of the pyramid. Now clubs only lose 10 points. They were also stitched-up over their ground plans next to the M20.

Ah, Maidstone: as a native of the town, I'll go along with that :thumbsup: A club that knows as much as we do about having to groundshare in the arse end of Kent, having spent time playing at Dartford, Ashford and (currently) S(h)ittingbourne.

They are building their new ground back in the town as we speak, due to be opened for the start of next season. I guess they're the club I should have supported, but family connections led me to the Albion (praise the Lord). I do vaguely keep an eye on how they're doing though. Slowly progressing back up the pyramid, hopefully that'll be helped by the new ground.

In terms of more realistic and immediate prospects: York City please. I went there on a school trip once and it was lovely. I'm sure I'd appreciate its charms as an adult even more, as it looks the sort of place that would have some cracking old pubs. Beautiful city.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Luton
Wrexham
Bradford
Cambridge united

Who wants to tell him?

Edit:
Ah...having stopped being so lazy & fully read the original post, I now realise it refers to Bradford PA.

Fail on my part :facepalm:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
FC United of Manchester although technically they have never BEEN in the football league. Would be good to see them there

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
In terms of more realistic and immediate prospects: York City please. I went there on a school trip once and it was lovely. I'm sure I'd appreciate its charms as an adult even more, as it looks the sort of place that would have some cracking old pubs. Beautiful city.

This, York City as well, mainly because i live in york at the moment but also because they have a good set of fans. They are looking to build a new stadium about 6000 seated i think it is, but they are having trouble with local government etc so i'd like to see it go through. Kit cat crescent is excellent but i think they more than deserve a nice shiny new ground :)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I've always had a soft spot for Newport. Anyone else remember when they reached the quarter-finals of the ECWC?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here