Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Club Would You Like To See Back In The Football League?

What Club Would You Like To See Back In The Football League?

• Luton Town

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • Lincoln City

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Halifax

Votes: 16 11.5%
  • Newport County

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Bradford P.A.

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • York City

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • Darlington

Votes: 16 11.5%
  • Workington

Votes: 9 6.5%
  • Southport

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Barrow

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • Chester City

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Wrexham

Votes: 61 43.9%
  • Grimsby Town

• Rushden & Diamonds

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Cambridge United

Votes: 21 15.1%
  • Stockport County

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • Mansfield Town

• Scarborough

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • Maidstone

Votes: 14 10.1%

• Total voters

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
York - womaniziing --oooooooooooooohh yes!!! Univeristy ttown with three colleges + one all girls private school + 365 pubs - NO BRAINER!!

I loved my hypocritical students days there! Not drinking doesn't mean I couldnt shag drunk girls! ;)

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
1) Wrexham. Looking at the poll results so far I probably don't need to explain that one.
2) Stockport. I have a good friend who is a Stockport fan, that's about it I'm afraid.
3) Darlington. Just having watched their recent strife - being 15 minutes from being wound up... if they made it back it would be a footballing fairy tale.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Southport because their last season conicided with my first set of Shoot! League Ladders and I have family in Formby :)

Last edited:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I would love to see Wrexham back in the Football League. But I don't think they'll pip Fleetwood to the Conference title this season, that lost on Saturday might of cost them big time. I also would love to see Halifax back in the Football League, I've been supporter since Keiran O'Reigan was manager and followed since then. Not sure if they'll get through the Conference North Play-offs this season though, especially after losing to Nuneaton twice in a week!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Glossop

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Barrow - because as a child I lived for a short while in Holker Street just down from the ground and attended a few Division 3 North games there

Kidderminster - because I live just down the road from there now

Wrexham - because they have a great set of fans

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
with reference to newport county in the 82-83 season they were top of the old div 3 with only 6 games to go,but eventually missed out on promotion ( no play-offs back then)

that season they had john aldridge & tommy tynan up front,at home to cardiff over easter they won 1-0 (aldridge) in front of 16,952

eric steele was in goal for cardiff that day

don't know if i remember this right,but didn't we try to sign aldridge,but he snubbed us for oxford?

Oct 25, 2003
gateshead for me

used to see them regularly when I lived in newcastle, slightly odd surroundings in the massive stadium with small crowds (gateshead is big but most people support newcastle or sunderland)....could see them getting good crowds if they got into the league though, especially if they build their new (smaller) ground

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Cambridge United for me having lived and gone to a few games there for a couple of years.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Liverpool, for some unknown reason I'd love to see them relegated from the premiership and playing in the Npower football league

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
SOUTHPORT.

Complete stitch-up when they got kicked out of the League.

(Was the days of re-election, rather than where you finished in the League)

BTW their place was taken by Wigan - where are they now!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here