Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Bristol City Think of Us!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I personally would hate a club who beat us in the final.I hated Notts County for quite some time.Tommy Johnson:angry: Cracking player though

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Some of that is quite right to be fair, We were awful against Swindon, We did taunt them, The play off final was an awful game, And we probably were the luckiest side to get promoted EVER.

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
Completely agree, and I don't blame Swindon fans for being aggrieved at all; City, on the other hand, were gash in the play-off final - about one penalty more so than we were, really, although they were certainly favourites ("better luck next time") - so I don't think they've got much cause for complaint, to be honest.

That apart, I don't dislike Bristol City: nice enough town with OK nightlife, decent ground and reasonable support (for a "sleeping giant"!).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No problem with Bristol City or Swindon really. Two bitter bumpkin outfits which is perfectly understandable. How I would LAUGH if we did Bristol City again though.

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
Didn't surprise me at all reading that thread. That was pretty much the atttude I would expect from a set of fans who are obviously still bitter about losing a big game well over two years ago.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It's weird, I can honestly say I haven't thought about them once since that season.

1066gull

I've always sympathised for Bristol Rovers rather than City.

Must be the blue in me.

Than again, I have a soft spot for Liverpool.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Out of interest, what do people on here think of Reading? Personally, I'm still of the opinion that they're bunch of glory hunting plastic hotdog munching toddlers and hope they get caned this season.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Bristol City are a strange, miserably wurzly lot - plus they seemed even more virulently obsessed with GAY matters than most/ I forget how many fat simpletons with cleft palates shouted pithy putdowns along the lines of "yoor arrr a roit bunch o' BAENDERRRSS" in their amusing rustic dialect at the Albion faithful leaving Ashton Gate last time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Simster said:
Out of interest, what do people on here think of Reading? Personally, I'm still of the opinion that they're bunch of glory hunting plastic hotdog munching toddlers and hope they get caned this season.

as do I but it's more to do with remembering when we had 25000 plus crowds and they had 5000. I guess I'm just bitter towards them which is a pretty shit reason, but once they had reversed the trend totally and started using us as a feeder club my dislike for them intensified. Done bloody well though and I even find myself admiring Pardew now :down:

I actually quite like Bristol City, top day out with a great atmosphere, apart from which I have no reason to dislike them. i can totally understand their dislike of us. Now Swindon, well they can just f*** off :angry:

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Don't you just love 'em?

i_am_red Aug 27 2006, 8:47 PM Post #30
Member No.: 1,285
Supported City Since: after my dad beat rovers out of me, my dad doesnt really beat me...much

QUOTE(Turkey @ Aug 27 2006, 9:32 PM)

, as the only league club in Sussex we'll certainly be able to attract the supporters.

what about colchester

:lolol: :lolol:

Dandyman

In London village.
Seagull's Return said:
Completely agree, and I don't blame Swindon fans for being aggrieved at all; City, on the other hand, were gash in the play-off final - about one penalty more so than we were, really, although they were certainly favourites ("better luck next time") - so I don't think they've got much cause for complaint, to be honest.

That apart, I don't dislike Bristol City: nice enough town with OK nightlife, decent ground and reasonable support (for a "sleeping giant"!).

What he said, although some of their supporters do appear to be inbred simpletons with some unresolved issues about their sexuality. That might just be due to a natural confusion when faced with beings with two rather than four feet, mind you.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Everest said:
Don't you just love 'em?

i_am_red Aug 27 2006, 8:47 PM Post #30
Member No.: 1,285
Supported City Since: after my dad beat rovers out of me, my dad doesnt really beat me...much

QUOTE(Turkey @ Aug 27 2006, 9:32 PM)

, as the only league club in Sussex we'll certainly be able to attract the supporters.

what about colchester

:lolol: :lolol:

Says it all really :jester:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
BTW Turks, what's a 'centermitire'?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick