Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are your user names named after?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
My nickname at school that stems from a rather vague connection with Albion and Aberdeen legend Doug Rougvie.

I also had a big gap in my teeth like the big fella, so it just sort of stuck. It wasnt an NSC inspired thing at all, so for that I am thankfull.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Area I live in Ireland with a word play on my favourite corn snacks in the world

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
munster monch said:
Area I live in Ireland with a word play on my favourite corn snacks in the world

Pickle Onion are my favourites

Half-decent rugby team and a rough approximation of my cultural identity.

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
Lush said:
An unsavoury incident involving alcohol and the entire Albion team.

Aha! Knew I'd find out eventually. Nice one.

Mine's after Robert Pursig's alter ego in his book Zen & The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance. He was in turn named after one of Aristotle's sidekicks. "What is good Phaedrus, and what is not good? Need we ask anyone else these things?".

What a load of bollocks!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
used to be my old Dj name, innit :jester:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
heres me in real life... so that explains my user name !!

Webted.jpg

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
A sort of portmanteau word made up of BRighton and HOVe. It was a name made up by Albion supporters in the 1950s (the decade I was born) as an attempt at a nickname. "Brovians! Brovians!" I wonder why it didn't catch on?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
thanks for your appreciation Phaedrus - its taken years to perfect my typing with these paws!! nightmare I tell you!! although I thank my lucky stars for this fur you know - Withdean is a doddle in winter for me - never seem to have a problem with the cold...

Granny Goodchild

Sep 24, 2003
From my earliest memories of the Goldstone.

Saw my first game in 1961 and at the age of 5, found it highly amusing that everytime Johnny Goodchild got the ball, there was a groan from the "chicken-run" of ...oh no Granny Goodchild's got it!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here