Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are your memories of your FIRST visit to The Goldstone Ground?

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Hiney said:
07132004011643pmqu8.jpg

Wonderful picture, I still miss it everyday. :(

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Basil Fawlty said:
Because that was the first game I went to, don't have a go at me for it! Blame it on my parents.

Not having a go mate...just be interested to know the first one you remember going to - you know who against, where you sit/stand etc etc!!!

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
tedebear said:
Was it a big pitch? That looks big to me.... Well bigger than the old Higbury pitch...

Highbury was actually one of the smallest pitches in the league...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Barrel of Fun said:
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Comic genius! :bowdown:

Thats what I thought!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

What is it Basil says when the guest says they asked the waiter. "Well hes useless isnt he - you may as well have asked the cat!"

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The Large One said:
What would have happened if we could have bought the land behind the ground?

[
Yeah, I know it's cheesy, but... :down:

Didn't we actually used to own the land behind the east stand? I'm sure I remember reading/hearing that we did.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
The Large One said:
What would have happened if we could have bought the land behind the ground?

Yeah, I know it's cheesy, but... :down:

Has someone fiddled with the photo..the terracing on the Chicken run looks all wrong in the south east corner. It used to slope away so that some of the house in the lane were visible.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
March 1997 - having just lost to Hove Park Colts, Dad drove up to the Goldstone, and explained that this was where he'd watched the Albion as a kid, but that the ground was soon being knocked down, and asked if i wanted to have a closer look.

I was amazed by the place - the only previous ground i'd visited was Dean Court, but the Goldstone seemed much bigger....there was an open door at one side (towards the bottom left of that pitcure), and i got my first, and last view of The Goldstone Ground. After a lap of the ground, we got back in the car, and that was that - it's amazing really how much that i regret not seeing more of the place...but at the same time and so greatful for going there just that once, in the days when the Albion meant little to me at all.

:nono:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Perry Milkins said:
Has someone fiddled with the photo..the terracing on the Chicken run looks all wrong in the south east corner. It used to slope away so that some of the house in the lane were visible.
Pezza, are you on drugs today? Of course I've Photoshopped it, and I've extended the West Stand to the whole width, and moved the North Stand back a bit. Together with the phrase 'what would it have looked like...?', the clues are pretty much there.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As for the pitch it was about average. Looked bigger because of the nature of the ground...stands close to the pitch etc.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here