Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are your expectations for this season?

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I won't forget Coventry away for some time

:facepalm:

One of the worst games I've witnessed following the Albion. It was just a very very bad game. Luckily it was on new years eve and managed to get home and drink and forget about the whole day.

Anyway. I think we'll improve on last season's position without a doubt. We'll either end up in the play-offs or finish 7th or 8th IMO. It'll be a good season anyway.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Last year : 12th - 17th (finished 10th)
This year :7th - 14th would be ok ..

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I feel optimistic about next season now that the worry about Gus leaving has died down and we have signed a top class new keeper. If we can keep Vicente and Gus gets the others he wants, I think we will be in with a shout of finishing in the top six. I think Gus and Tanno will have learnt a lot last season and know what we need to progress.

Saying that, if we do as well as last season, but this time beat Place home and away, I will be very very happy

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Depending on who we bring in alongside Vicente, (when he does hopefully sign on the dotted line). As well a Target man to help CMS and Barnes. I really do think Play-offs are massive possibility for us. But as of last season, I will be taking one game at a time and see where we are in the middle of the season, to see if we can go one better.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It depends on our squad in August, but I reckon it will turn out that anything beneath top 6 will be a failure.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
With the way that Tony Bloom has outlined his intention, after a great first season at the Amex, I would hope we would be flirting with the auto-promotion spots, and get a play-off place at least.

This is my predicted Championship table, with what happened last season taken into account, relegations and promotions and what those clubs could achieve, etc. Hopefully, I'm more right than wrong.

1. Birmingham City
2. Middlesborough
3. Brighton & Hove Albion
4. Wolverhampton Wanderers
5. Cardiff City
6. Blackpool
7. Leicester City
8. Hull City
9. Nottingham Forest
10. Leeds United
11. Burnley
12. Millwall
13. Bolton Wanderers
14. Derby County
15. Sheffield Wednesday
16. Charlton Athletic
17. Huddersfield Town
18. Watford
19. Ipswich Town
20. Crystal Palace
21. Blackburn Rovers
22. Peterborough United
23. Barnsley
24. Bristol City

Jan 12, 2012
With the way that Tony Bloom has outlined his intention, after a great first season at the Amex, I would hope we would be flirting with the auto-promotion spots, and get a play-off place at least.

This is my predicted Championship table, with what happened last season taken into account, relegations and promotions and what those clubs could achieve, etc. Hopefully, I'm more right than wrong.

1. Birmingham City
2. Middlesborough
3. Brighton & Hove Albion
4. Wolverhampton Wanderers
5. Cardiff City
6. Blackpool
7. Leicester City
8. Hull City
9. Nottingham Forest
10. Leeds United
11. Burnley
12. Millwall
13. Bolton Wanderers
14. Derby County
15. Sheffield Wednesday
16. Charlton Athletic
17. Huddersfield Town
18. Watford
19. Ipswich Town
20. Crystal Palace
21. Blackburn Rovers
22. Peterborough United
23. Barnsley
24. Bristol City

I'll lay some money on that then, thanks for the heads up oh mystic one !,

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I'll lay some money on that then, thanks for the heads up oh mystic one !,

What bet would you like to do? Seagulls above Eagles, number of positions difference? Name it :)

All in the name of charity of course. REMF for me.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I would hope to see us above 10th place,but more importanly a much better home record,playing attractive football,rather than the very slow build up we had to endure last season, we can then afford to play for the draw away from home

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Last year, given our recent record in the Championship, I would have taken survival but hoped for a lower mid table finish. I was really chuffed with the way we were in the playoff frame until the last few games and accepted we didn't have enough about us in the run in.

This year though, with the signing of possibly the best keeper since Peter Grummitt ( I discount Corrigan as he was in decline when he came here) and what looks like the signing of Vicente I think I'll be disappointed if we don't make the playoffs, especially as I think we are going to sign quite a few more quality players , either on a season long loans or permanent before long.

Just a good season flirting with the playoffs will suit me fine but I now expect us to be contenders for promotion at least, via the playoffs.

Am I getting carried away?? I cannot be alone in being even more excited than I was last season.....can i?

I know that this division has loads of quality teams and more than few with massive parachute payments, so maybe I am getting carried away, but hey it's pre-season :shrug:

A decent striker or two to be signed before August

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I think the aim should be top 6.

stickboy

Banned
May 30, 2012
:facepalm:

One of the worst games I've witnessed following the Albion. It was just a very very bad game. Luckily it was on new years eve and managed to get home and drink and forget about the whole day.

Anyway. I think we'll improve on last season's position without a doubt. We'll either end up in the play-offs or finish 7th or 8th IMO. It'll be a good season anyway.

How about Watford or Forest away, Forest should of murderd us in both games.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
My expectations are much lower than last season, the list of teams in this division is frighteningly strong so expect more dire scraps like the back end of last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here