Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are you, stupid or something?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If you like the Pixies, Beck, Talking Heads that sort of thing then you might like Jeremy Jay. Just discovered him myself and very impressed.

[yt]oCYId_6Rl7w[/yt]

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
And two from Japan

The legendary DMC champ DJ Kentaro

[yt]mJLQG0TAp_s[/yt]

And the very under-rated and now defunct Yumi Yumi

[yt]Ywhr_MpPhCM[/yt]

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
My last two of the night, suitably electro and fronted by lovely ladies

Soho Dolls - Bang Bang Bang Bang

[yt]d4uA3t9AOUw[/yt]

Chick on Speed bringing Wordy Rappinghood bang up to date

[yt]g_1kziD6Lec[/yt]

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Zinc feat Ms Dynamite

I wasn't expecting to enjoy this as much as I did.

[yt]EWg12N5pwuM[/yt]

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
And whilst we're on a ganja kru flex, this I only ever heard played out a couple of times.

[yt]LEPc0q9tZXw[/yt]

Big tune, and I've got it on vinyl.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
A double posting of Dancehall.

[yt]tA500U30RWM[/yt]

[yt]EYFwJ_rWxe0[/yt]

Nice choices :thumbsup:

Seeing the words - England Story - on the title page to the Jah Screechy brought the following to mind instantly.

YT's story of UK soundsystems is a superb piece of craftsmanship and made for a boom tune from a couple of years ago. He's a white boy from Ipswich but he can certainly fling down lyrics !

[yt]S61LDyCfPzY[/yt]

Whilst finding it on youtube I also came across this top drum & bass version of it as well :clap2:

[yt]VIgHQ3nhZ9M[/yt]

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
[yt]S61LDyCfPzY[/yt]

Whilst finding it on youtube I also came across this top drum & bass version of it as well :clap2:

[yt]VIgHQ3nhZ9M[/yt]

Oh. My. Days.

:clap:

WHAT A FIND! That's actually incredible and is going to make a mate of mine wet himself with excitement. Remix not too bad either, Benny Page knows what he's doing in that respect with all his remixes.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I know !

Never heard it before now and I'm thinking I even prefer it to the YT original:)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Listen out for it in this clip of David Rodigan ('dubplate' Rodigan version). He's back in town again in Febraury apparently. NSC outing?

[yt]nzPmB8XZ0kM[/yt]

The whole clip is worth watching.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Listen out for it in this clip of David Rodigan ('dubplate' Rodigan version). He's back in town again in Febraury apparently. NSC outing?

[yt]nzPmB8XZ0kM[/yt]

The whole clip is worth watching.

The YT I posted is actually a UK answer version to Baby Cham's - Ghetto Story. Rodigan plays his special of it in that vid.

[yt]I59EzNO7MXg[/yt]

Going back to Benny Page's Drum & Bass top mix. I was racking my brains to remember what riddim he's versioning in there. Pretty sure it's the late great Dennis Emmanuel Brown's classic - Wolves and Leopards.

[yt]WJI08X5CtcM[/yt]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
BTW, if it's reggae of THE highest order in Brighton you want, check out who's on at Concorde 2 tomorrow.

Only the mighty ABYSSINIANS !

U.ROY will be there too.

Unfortunately I couldn't talk my wife into going, and unless I get a kick up the arse to go out these days I end up sitting in with my carpets slippers if you know what I mean. Getting old can be a terrible thing if you allow it :(

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'll tell you what, as good as YT's story of soundsystem/dj history is, NOTHING beats this name checking story of reggae's finest by Papa San.

DJ Business is an amazing tune ! The version I have is just on cassette from an old Radio London Ranking Miss P show. She cuts it at about 6 or 7 minutes I think but Papa San then goes on to name check singers too. I suspect the vinyl release did fade at that point anyway because this is all I found on Youtube.

Now THIS is DJ Business....big up Papa San :bowdown:

[yt]kZ8rpg6p9l8[/yt]

I would love to have seen Papa San doing a live version of DJ Business. As this clip of him acapella freestyling proves , he certainly has the stamina and lyrics for days.
[yt]RY9adloY_t4[/yt]

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Don't you like this bass? It's a GROWLER. Big tune. Trust me.

[yt]0Cg6hhjzoQ4[/yt]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm afraid I over indulged back in the days at The Rocket, Holloway Rd, listening to heavy heavy bass like this from the mighty Jah Shaka until sun up. Nothing really comes close after that.

Btw, sounds shite on youtube as you'd expect, but it does give some small sense of how a Shaka dance is I suppose.

[yt]0PONu4SkzeE[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here