Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are you going to do at the weekend

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Tonight beer and curry
Tomorrow housework & shopping as Mrs P working then cup final. Probably go out for dinner in the evening
Sunday mow the lawn, take dog for long walk, pub then home for roast din dins

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
What's the sea like in Brighton by the way? Can the stones be quite a bugger or are they generally alright?

The stones are a bugger - particularly after your swim when your feet are all nice and soft. Swim shoes are the answer though I haven't got a pair myself.

You just have to keep an eye out. Sometimes it is fantastic - but there are times when I plan to go in - but then just don't fancy it. I am hoping that a couple more days of sunshine without a strong wind will make it ok for Sunday. I need to check the tides.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Well fortunately I have managed to convince myself I've done enough revision (I wish) for my exams on Monday and Tuesday to earn myself a day/night out getting WRECKED watching the 2020. Starting to think it may have been a bad move to arrange an INEBRIATION night as History is f***ing arduous, but eh, oh well, life is there to be LIVED.

Adopted Brightonian

Jan 31, 2009
Brighton/Northampton
I've been in a few times this year and I thought it looked dirtier than last year.

The stones are a killer for me, but get yourself some beach shoes and you're laughing.

The stones are a bugger - particularly after your swim when your feet are all nice and soft. Swim shoes are the answer though I haven't got a pair myself.

You just have to keep an eye out. Sometimes it is fantastic - but there are times when I plan to go in - but then just don't fancy it. I am hoping that a couple more days of sunshine without a strong wind will make it ok for Sunday. I need to check the tides.

Cheers guys, I'll make sure I get some swim shoes then. :thumbsup:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Moping. My lovely missus (and best mate) moved to Aberdeen yesterday, and I'm fairly sure we're never going to see each other again.

Oh yeah, and stag doos, a wedding, taking the piss out of Geordie mates who are coming down for the weekend, the FA Cup Final, music, beer, food and all the good things in life, of course :)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
İbrahim Tatlıses;2971903 said:
n82147173836_5302.jpg

see you there :bigwave:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Sorry, my post wasn't very clear.
First time ever in Brighton.

What's the sea like in Brighton by the way? Can the stones be quite a bugger or are they generally alright?

It's lovely, just looks dirty when it's rough cos the sand gets churned up. Is warmer when the tide has just come in. Just take sandels and leave them at the edge of the water. Still bloody freezing at the mo, going for my first one of the year (later than normal) this afternoon. Getting in quickly is a good idea which is easier at high spring tide, you can almost walk the length of the palace pier with the sand just under the water at low spring. High tide Sunday 3.47pm :thumbsup:, today it's now so better get moving.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We lived down the bottom of Green Lanes - I can't remember the name of the road. It was not far to walk for the semi-final though. And no shortage of kebab houses.

By Newington Green?

I lived on Queen's Drive, three minutes away from the stadium. Interesting place to live - it was drug dealer/prostitute city once it got dark.

Adopted Brightonian

Jan 31, 2009
Brighton/Northampton
It's lovely, just looks dirty when it's rough cos the sand gets churned up. Is warmer when the tide has just come in. Just take sandels and leave them at the edge of the water. Still bloody freezing at the mo, going for my first one of the year (later than normal) this afternoon. Getting in quickly is a good idea which is easier at high spring tide, you can almost walk the length of the palace pier with the sand just under the water at low spring. High tide Sunday 3.47pm :thumbsup:, today it's now so better get moving.

Cheers for the info mate, am looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

I used to go in the North Sea in Februaries, (when I was a mad, wee boy), so I'm sure I'll be okay with the temp!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Cheers for the info mate, am looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

I used to go in the North Sea in Februaries, (when I was a mad, wee boy), so I'm sure I'll be okay with the temp!

Just realised I got those tide times a little wrong, I took away an our rather than adding one for British summer time, so +2 to those! I managed five minutes, was not as bad as I thought. Also, relatively calm cosnidering the strength of the winds. Here's an average temp graph for Brighton:

Brighton_1.png

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
i will hopefully be going down to Plymouth, as i found out there is a Cider, Sausage and Ale fest taking place.

managed to convince the missu's to come along and get hammered.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Tonight, I've been roped into doing a short bit of video of my niece and her female relations/friends embarking aboard a stretch Hummer for a little jaunt around town to celebrate her 18th....

Might make the bouncers smile, her turning up legit at venues she's been going in for eighteen months :eek:

Tomorrow is probably a walk on Hove front, the Cup Final and in the evening, an Over 30's Discoteque, where a certain pre-selected youngish lady might find herself charmed into giving me her number, with a view to meeting up in the nearish future for a drink or two...???

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
20-20 tonight
Football, BGT and Clubbing Sat
Wash car, might have a kick about on Sunday and then seeing the missus in the evening

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
private stag do job. sat.. then sunday bar -b q round neighbours... :thumbsup: wont see the everton - chelsea game but have had a punt on everton-everton to win in 1st and 2nd half..... :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Working tommorrow and Sunday. Will be tough as I've had a weeks holiday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here