Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are the chances of Gifton Noel-Williams staying ??

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Can anyone see him staying if (or when) we do get relegated ???

What is it likely to cost us and can we afford his salary if we are playing in Div 1 ??

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
He's a profesional, he'll go to the highest bidder, just like any of us would.

Who cares ? Right now he's supposed to get goals for us, that's all.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Never say never. Depends if the demand for strikers, this summer are high.

Burnley seem content to let him go and perhaps we can tie something up temporarily. I guess with 6 kids, he will be looking to make as much money as possible though.

Just happy to have him in the short run.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
MattewEdwards ShinPads said:
He will stay I reckon! If we could afford Leon Shites wages in League 1 I am sure we can afford GNW!

Why? Leon was 20 odd when he came to us and was not commanding the sort of wages a 26 year old championship striker is looking for.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
His comments in the Arsegas about him being contracted to Burnley etc. gave me the impression that he's got no great desire to play here long term.

Feb 16, 2006
Hove
DAMANCLAY said:
Why? Leon was 20 odd when he came to us and was not commanding the sort of wages a 26 year old championship striker is looking for.

Because if the speculated wages are even close then GNW is on 1.5k LESS than Leon Twat! I wouldn't rule it out!

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Will probably be signed by a club coming up from league 1 who will be wanting a striker with decent Championship experience. Which is what we should have done!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The Laughing Bluebird said:
A Burnley reserve with arthritic knees, and your chances of signing him permanently are nil? Seriously?

Believe you me Bluebird, we even tried to get Gus Caesar to come out of retirement and play for the stripes and he turned us down!

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Cheeky Monkey said:
Believe you me Bluebird, we even tried to get Gus Caesar to come out of retirement and play for the stripes and he turned us down!

It's worse than I thought......

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's worse than I thought......
;)

p.s. if you wanna buy a recently delivered mint condition boxed set of 'Hammer House of Horror - The TV Series' then it's yours for a pint of SA

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
A Burnley reserve with arthritic knees, and your chances of signing him permanently are nil? Seriously?

One of the guys I work with is a big Burnley fan and he was quite scathing about him. I'm not going to post his comments here as its a little unfair when GNW's only played one game for us.

I'm up for seeing how he does in the remaining games and decide in the summer. He had a good game on Saturday and certainly added a lot to the team.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
when we stay up, he'll be desperate to stay

and we'll be beating off potential players with a shitty stick

:clap2: :albion: :clap2: :albion: :clap2: :albion: :clap2:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Cheeky Monkey said:
if you wanna buy a recently delivered mint condition boxed set of 'Hammer House of Horror - The TV Series'.......

Thanks, but I'm trying to give them up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here