Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are the chances of Gifton Noel-Williams staying ??

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Cheeky Monkey said:
His comments in the Arsegas about him being contracted to Burnley etc. gave me the impression that he's got no great desire to play here long term.

ditto

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
According to the Argus his wife and children live in Stoke.
There is a vast difference in house prices especially when you consider he has 6 children so would need to buy/rent a house big enough for them all.
That's before we even talk about transfer fees/wages/win bonuses/goal bonuses etc etc.

No chance at all.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I dont think its absolutely NO chance, unlikely, but remember he may want to head back down south

1066gull

I don't really mind if he stays or goes. I see nothing special in him. I would be upset if Frutos, Reidy or CKR left though...

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Yorkie said:
According to the Argus his wife and children live in Stoke.
There is a vast difference in house prices especially when you consider he has 6 children so would need to buy/rent a house big enough for them all.
That's before we even talk about transfer fees/wages/win bonuses/goal bonuses etc etc.

No chance at all.

I guess I'm a bit out of touch but last time I looked prices of property 20 miles east or west of brighton are substantially cheaper than brighton/hove and possibly not much more than a footballers style house in stoke or the surrounding area. I dunno.

Anyway, the child benefit for that lot should be more than enough to pay for a mortgage :lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
munster monch said:
I guess I'm a bit out of touch but last time I looked prices of property 20 miles east or west of brighton are substantially cheaper than brighton/hove and possibly not much more than a footballers style house in stoke or the surrounding area. I dunno.

Anyway, the child benefit for that lot should be more than enough to pay for a mortgage :lolol:

There's about 60-80K difference from Brighton in those areas, which is why we moved here. We had paid our mortgage up completely in Yorks but still had to take out a 25 year mortgage for the difference.
I would imagine that houses in the Stoke area are quite a bit lower unless he lives over the border in Cheshire.

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
A van der Meyde said:
I don't really mind if he stays or goes. I see nothing special in him. I would be upset if Frutos, Reidy or CKR left though...

You didn't see the slightest improvement in performance with GNW in the team? I think he'd be a rather more important player than any of the above you've named.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Yorkie said:
There's about 60-80K difference from Brighton in those areas, which is why we moved here. We had paid our mortgage up completely in Yorks but still had to take out a 25 year mortgage for the difference.
I would imagine that houses in the Stoke area are quite a bit lower unless he lives over the border in Cheshire.

I'd say at least 60-80k. I sold a three bedroom detached bungalow three years ago in Lancing (ok ok, it was a nice part of Lancing :blush: ) for 200k when in brighton you'd be hard pushed to get a two bedroom flat. In fact my sister in law sold a grotty one bedroom flat in portslade at the time for 155k.

It's a bit tough taking out a 25 year mortgage at this stage though Yorkie.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
A van der Meyde said:

Was u at the game against Luton they way gnw played if we had got him 3 months ago we would be in with a better chance of staying up

The Laughing Bluebird said:
arthritic knees, and your chances of signing him permanently are nil? Seriously?

I think that's the factor that might make it interesting. He would be the kind of player I would sign even if only got 20 to 25 games out of him a season.

But if those health scare stories are overcooked :)eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: it happens, believe it or not on football interent messageboards) then we will struggle to sign him unless the Lord tells him too.

Kinky Gerbils said:
depends how mucg mm pisses him off while here i guess.

It's looking good after one game - see the Argus today :D

Halftime Oranges

Oct 22, 2003
Rottingdean
would be great if we did he's only 26 aswell with a lot to offer............................he does give us better edge to our play:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here