Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are people listening to at the mo?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Originally posted by Hilton Parmer seeing the Coral in November though and can't wait! [/B]

Me too, not keen myself, but I've dragged the missis to some right stinkers this year so its payback time, I suspose !!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Dunkstar said:
Ok its an unoriginal thread but i'm sure most people's have changed since the last time!punk:

I don't think mine has. I think the last time this was asked I was playing the Rattle/Berlin Philharmonic recording of Schoenberg's Gurrelieder and, bugger me, that's exactly what I'm playing now.

Hadn't played it for months before today.

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
NWA Greatest Hits. "Fcuk da police"
ak47.gif

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
song I heard this morning, which I forgot how good it is.

Billy Ocean- red light spells Danger

what a good song

Dunkstar

Jul 6, 2003
Up a Hill
Make it your mission to see Biffy Clyro i promise you will not see a better live band this decade!(Concorde 2 late Sept)Here is why...

It goes without saying that this band, frankly, have a stupid name. Fortunately for this Glasgow trio, however, their music is a long way from being stupid. Walking on to the stage almost humbly, and without a word, they launched straight into Hope for an Angel; although the fellas looked like they could have travelled down here in a Delboy-esque van, they rocked like true stars, with a sound tighter than the proverbial tight thing. Refreshingly, this is a band who have absolutely no desire for gimmicks to impress their audience- done to death by the likes of Blink Biscuit/Limp 182- preferring instead to let the music do the talking, so to speak. With all the members taking turns at lead vocals, cooing their verses before exploding into flawless screams and gigantic riffs, it's impossible to compare them with any other band. They're not 'emo', grunge or nu-metal, but the uniqueness isn't forced- they just naturally provide brilliant music while making it clear they love singing their hearts out. On their EP kidswhopoptodaywillrocktomorrow, you get a taste of their intensity, but this is translated tenfold on stage- Biffy were perfectly suited to the intimacy of the venue, but you get the feeling this band could adapt and be right at home on any stage.
Singles 27, Justboy and 57 were greatly received in the moshpit, which rather than being angry and full of dickheads, seemed to be more a reaction of sheer pleasure at listening to a band they'd waited a long time to see. 27 started in a mellow, almost melancholy fashion, but you could literally feel an increase in electricity in the air as the verse gently tripped along to the most amazing chorus "I still feel the pain in my head" - one of those songs that lifts you.
The majority of the tracks seem to follow this pattern, starting contemplative and lovesick before ascending into the kind of euphoric sound that makes you realise why you love music so much. Then tracks such as Kill The Old, Torture Their Young jolt you back into concentrating on the heaviness of their riffs, which compliment rather than conceal the tender, melodic vocals.
I know this review sounds like a blatant plug for the band, but even criticism of the constructive kind just doesn't apply here- you can't help but be impressed by their obvious passion and genuine talent. If anything they weren't on stage long enough, but I’m sure they'll grace us with their daft name again this year - make it your mission to see them.

-Taken from NME in 2002

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'm being forced to listen to my step kids playing Hip Hop and (c)rap with, tragically my wife also likes. (Still at least it's not Country or Christian Rock).

I get my revenge with The Darkness, Feeder, Stereos, Green Day, Blink 182 and a plethora of other guitar based rock bands.

The worst thing is that the only Britsh band getting airplay here is the acursed Coldplay :(

Van der Gully

Jul 10, 2003
Brunssum, NL
As I type this it is Fatboy Slim and halfway between the gutter and the stars, just because I wanted something to play very loudly and I know my neighbours are all out.

Jul 20, 2003
This Evening: Martina Topley Bird: Quixotic
Last Night: Bob Dylan Live 1975 Rolling Thunder Revue

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here