Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What an unpleasant little arse Fabregas is

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
My other point about Fabregas is his chronic inability to lose well. Every time it happens, he seems to come out with some kind of snidey remark about the other team. This was what he had to say about Ipswich recently:

“I don’t know if it is long ball or it is a rugby kick, but it worked for them,” said Fabregas. “In England, a lot of teams play like that and it works for them. They create chances like that and it is their football. Arsenal made the football, the other team refused to play football, they were lucky to score in a long ball."

There have been other such examples, funnily enough only after Arsenal have lost. Plus, I can't recall the opponents, but I've seen at least couple of games when Arsenal have screwed up and Fabregas has come off the pitch getting involved in verbals with opponents. He was also at the centre of the whole pizza thing at Man United that time, if I remember. He just can't accept losing with any dignity.

Losing can become a habit and I would want all the Albion players to be equally pissed off when they lose a game....Wenger is the same....so is Fergie....so is Mourinho....to be a winner you have to hate losing which Cesc clearly does...so he has a bit of a moan every now and then and throws the odd tantrum....who cares...when you're that good anything less than 100% isn't good enough and he's entitled to say so. What a sterile boring game we would have if you took away that passion.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Losing can become a habit and I would want all the Albion players to be equally pissed off when they lose a game....Wenger is the same....so is Fergie....so is Mourinho....to be a winner you have to hate losing which Cesc clearly does...so he has a bit of a moan every now and then and throws the odd tantrum....who cares...when you're that good anything less than 100% isn't good enough and he's entitled to say so. What a sterile boring game we would have if you took away that passion.

What a load of old bollocks.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
So what's his excuse for this ??

[yt]oNh67eCJ0A8[/yt]

Will1995

Jan 14, 2011
Bexhill-on-Sea
You have a point, but when you have had a guy sent off yourself, desperately needing a goal to progress further, you'd anything for your team and if it means harassing the referee for a red - so be it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

You can passionately hate losing and not be a bad loser.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
You can passionately hate losing and not be a bad loser.

True...it is possible....i guess it's possible to catch anyone off guard in the heat of the moment....anyone who has played competitive sport at a decent level knows that every now and then someone presses your buttons and the red mist descends....then it becomes very difficult to react appropriately.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
what!!!

what game were you watching? I saw Arse players falling down anytime anyone went near them, I saw a third division team having a really good go at the supposed second best team in the country and if it wasn't for that cheating Bender diving like a f***ing swan, Town would have at least got a draw. Oh yes, and another thing....I thought the rules stated that you shouldn't stop and start in a run up to a penalty....something else the refs seem to have conveniently forgot.....and relax

Huddersfield looked a fantastic team yesterday and were extremely dangerous every time there was a set-piece but they were quite brutal at times. They were ten times better than Wigan last week which could well be a Championship fixture next season. Your fans were brilliant and never stopped singing throughout.

The foul on Bendtner was right in front of me and looked clear-cut. I agree with you about the stopping and starting with penalties, it's another dirty foreign trick that's crept into the game.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"2 lads asked him for his shirt and he told them to f*ck off!! Sick player but what a tit!"

- Huddersfield Town's Anthony Pilkington offers his thoughts about Cesc Fabregas via Twitter after the FA Cup loss at Arsenal.

SirElliotBennett

May 5, 2010
West Stand Lower
"2 lads asked him for his shirt and he told them to f*ck off!! Sick player but what a tit!"

- Huddersfield Town's Anthony Pilkington offers his thoughts about Cesc Fabregas via Twitter after the FA Cup loss at Arsenal.

Someone i know spoke to him a few months ago and said he was a great guy, can't really imagine him telling people to f*** off over a shirt

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Someone i know spoke to him a few months ago and said he was a great guy, can't really imagine him telling people to f*** off over a shirt

No idea, just quoting what a Huddersfield player wrote on his own Twitter page :shrug:

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing

I can. Heat of the moment annoyed with this team that's supposedly done him wrong & had his mate sent off (rightly). Now they're all fawning over him to get his shirt.

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
He's not perfect but name me a premiership player that is, he has the ability to change a game for us and even though he's as good as gone he seems to give a shit about his team,he's won a world cup medal and there's not an English player that could come close in terms of ability and passion(based on our world cup) On top of that my friends son was a mascot at an away game and by all accounts he really made the boy feel special, Edna if thats how you feel fair enough but i feel privileged to have seen him play and i think he adds more than enough positives to the premier league to make up for a bit of imaginary card waving .

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand
I was more embarrassed by Fabregas' two or three 'shimmies' before he took the penalty. It was almost farcical. Gave Huddersfield a taste of their own medicine after their dirty approach to the game though.

I hate this too, but apparantly it isn't in the rules anymore. One day someone is going to take it to ridiculous extremes.

The whole "rugby" thing was the biggest stitch up ever, I couldn't believe so many people went around quoting it and the headlines it generated. If you actually see the interview he is politely trying to avoid the question where the interviewer is trying to get him to say something bad about Ipswich.

Also Cesc gave 2 shirts to Huddersfield players, how many shirts do they think he wears in a match?

Edit: Found an explanation on baulking rules during penalties (essentially, you can baulk all you want until you get to the ball, then its unsporting behaviour).

FIFA.com - Assisting of referees tops agenda

Last edited:

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Fabregas is a nasty little shit who goes around gobbing at anyone ie Brian Horton. He has his horrible fat nead 2 miles up his arse and feels as if he is superior to anyone who tackles him. He needs Roy Keane to show him what a tackle can feel like especially after getting spat at. Fabregas may be a quality player but im afraid he's no better than Diouf, a disgrace to the game!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It didn't look he ran up and demanded a red, he seemed to get really angry and complain when the bloke only got a yellow, which is understandable i'd say, there's no way a foul on a bloke who the balls coming to on the edge of the six-yard box isn't be a goalscoring opportunity.

Also Huddersfield were pretty twattish to us earlier this season, I don't see why we're being nice to them

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
Fabregas is a nasty little shit who goes around gobbing at anyone ie Brian Horton. He has his horrible fat nead 2 miles up his arse and feels as if he is superior to anyone who tackles him. He needs Roy Keane to show him what a tackle can feel like especially after getting spat at. Fabregas may be a quality player but im afraid he's no better than Diouf, a disgrace to the game!
How on earth you can compare Fabregas to Diouf is beyond me, like ive said he's not perfect but he's 10 times the player/person Diouf will ever be

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here