Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What an unpleasant little arse Fabregas is

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I find players waving imaginary cards at the referee one of the most nauseating pieces of unsportsmanlike behaviour there is.

Irrespective of whether the rules dictate a given action should result in a yellow or red card, it's the referee's decision. Reminding a referee of his obligations is one thing; to do it in a manner which is not just for the ref's attention, but for everyone whose attention he is seeking (the entire crowd), as if he has the high moral ground in the matter, should be seen for what it is - cheating. Going out of your way to get a fellow professional sent off is an appalling way to behave.

Totally agree with this. it's completely out of order.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Fair play to Clattenburg who came out after the game and said he didn't give a red card as it was Niklas Bendtner who was fouled therefore it could not be a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I was more embarrassed by Fabregas' two or three 'shimmies' before he took the penalty. It was almost farcical. Gave Huddersfield a taste of their own medicine after their dirty approach to the game though.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I find players waving imaginary cards at the referee one of the most nauseating pieces of unsportsmanlike behaviour there is.

Irrespective of whether the rules dictate a given action should result in a yellow or red card, it's the referee's decision. Reminding a referee of his obligations is one thing; to do it in a manner which is not just for the ref's attention, but for everyone whose attention he is seeking (the entire crowd), as if he has the high moral ground in the matter, should be seen for what it is - cheating. Going out of your way to get a fellow professional sent off is an appalling way to behave.

I mostly agree with this, though I think even subtly or discreetly "reminding the ref of his obligations" is as bad.

I don't like it when our players do it, I don't like it when gus does it, but I hate when people make out like only foreign players do it (either wave imaginary cards or hold their arms out dramatically in an equally attention seeking manner).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
From a purely ALBION perspective, I'm fully in favour of Huddersfield players serving 3 match bans, right now.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Fair play to Clattenburg who came out after the game and said he didn't give a red card as it was Niklas Bendtner who was fouled therefore it could not be a clear goalscoring opportunity.

:laugh: Bendtner was shocking yesterday. Clear own goal as it was going wide. Would've be nice if the tannoy announcer had corrected his mistake of giving the goal to Bendtner. Many first scorer betting slips had been thrown away by half-time. :rolleyes:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just seen the Huddersfield highlights, Arsenal get a frankly ridiculous penalty, and what does Fabregas do? Harangues the ref, demanding the dismissal of the opponent, a third division defender for crying out loud.

Why does he seem to be untouchable among the media? He is one of the most small minded, unsporting players around. Every game Arsenal lose he bleats petulantly to the press about the other team's ugly football or the fact that they had the temerity to tackle him and his delicate teammates. It's never his fault, the sanctimonious twunt.

Great player but i wish he'd just hurry up and sod off to Barcelona, like we all know he will.

It's because he cares, he's passionate.

At least I think this is how Premiership prima-donnas are excused for this sort of behaviour.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My other point about Fabregas is his chronic inability to lose well. Every time it happens, he seems to come out with some kind of snidey remark about the other team. This was what he had to say about Ipswich recently:

“I don’t know if it is long ball or it is a rugby kick, but it worked for them,” said Fabregas. “In England, a lot of teams play like that and it works for them. They create chances like that and it is their football. Arsenal made the football, the other team refused to play football, they were lucky to score in a long ball."

There have been other such examples, funnily enough only after Arsenal have lost. Plus, I can't recall the opponents, but I've seen at least couple of games when Arsenal have screwed up and Fabregas has come off the pitch getting involved in verbals with opponents. He was also at the centre of the whole pizza thing at Man United that time, if I remember. He just can't accept losing with any dignity.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There have been other such examples, funnily enough only after Arsenal have lost. Plus, I can't recall the opponents, but I've seen at least couple of games when Arsenal have screwed up and Fabregas has come off the pitch getting involved in verbals with opponents. He was also at the centre of the whole pizza thing at Man United that time, if I remember. He just can't accept losing with any dignity.

Right down to the time he was out injured, and invaded the pitch at the end, dressed as the FONZ, to get involved...

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Right down to the time he was out injured, and invaded the pitch at the end, dressed as the FONZ, to get involved...

I remember that night. Hull in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup and he allegedly spat on Nobby Horton's shoes. Honestly thought it was some nutcase running on the pitch, especially with his dress sense. :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
?? The lad ran into the defender and there were covering players....

erm no he didn't the defender steped in front of him and no there were not covering players. But do carry on

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yes ok, letter of the law and all that, but given the context, Arsenal hardly needed the reassurance of Huddersfield to be down to 10 men for the dying minutes of the game as well did they ? HOWLING in the refs face to send the guy off (3 match ban, thanks Fab), not really in the spirit was it.

You never see rugby players waving invisible cards to the referee to get the opposition guys sin-binned.

It's all so boring.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You never see rugby players waving invisible cards to the referee to get the opposition guys sin-binned.

It's all so boring.

Nope.
But then they're probably too busy with the stamping, the eye-gouging, and sticking their fingers up each others bums to bother with all that.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was more embarrassed by Fabregas' two or three 'shimmies' before he took the penalty. It was almost farcical. Gave Huddersfield a taste of their own medicine after their dirty approach to the game though.

what!!!

what game were you watching? I saw Arse players falling down anytime anyone went near them, I saw a third division team having a really good go at the supposed second best team in the country and if it wasn't for that cheating Bender diving like a f***ing swan, Town would have at least got a draw. Oh yes, and another thing....I thought the rules stated that you shouldn't stop and start in a run up to a penalty....something else the refs seem to have conveniently forgot.....and relax

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Nope.
But then they're probably too busy with the stamping, the eye-gouging, and sticking their fingers up each others bums to bother with all that.

that is just banter!!!!

SirElliotBennett

May 5, 2010
West Stand Lower
Just seen the Huddersfield highlights, Arsenal get a frankly ridiculous penalty, and what does Fabregas do? Harangues the ref, demanding the dismissal of the opponent, a third division defender for crying out loud.

Why does he seem to be untouchable among the media? He is one of the most small minded, unsporting players around. Every game Arsenal lose he bleats petulantly to the press about the other team's ugly football or the fact that they had the temerity to tackle him and his delicate teammates. It's never his fault, the sanctimonious twunt.

Great player but i wish he'd just hurry up and sod off to Barcelona, like we all know he will.

Im not sure about this. I think it was a weak penalty but as the ref gave it he should have been dismissed. He was defently last man and I think Fabregas wanted some consistancy out of the ref after the first red down the other end. Shouldn't really make a differance that it was a third division player plus the score at the time was 1-1 so it was still all to play for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here