Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What an unpleasant little arse Fabregas is

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just seen the Huddersfield highlights, Arsenal get a frankly ridiculous penalty, and what does Fabregas do? Harangues the ref, demanding the dismissal of the opponent, a third division defender for crying out loud.

Why does he seem to be untouchable among the media? He is one of the most small minded, unsporting players around. Every game Arsenal lose he bleats petulantly to the press about the other team's ugly football or the fact that they had the temerity to tackle him and his delicate teammates. It's never his fault, the sanctimonious twunt.

Great player but i wish he'd just hurry up and sod off to Barcelona, like we all know he will.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Agree on the poor decision, but as it was given I think a red card was justified and the player got off lightly, but it didn't need Fabregas to start waving invisible cards around.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
i disagree after watching it i think if your gonna send squilachi of (Prob spelling fail) then you have to send there guy off, its in front of goal...

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
wow such a dumb ass post, look at Murray you can hardly wave the finger -.-

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I used to listen to people slagging off Flabbergas and think they were wrong and that he was a fantastic player...
... then i watched a game where he played bloody well but missed a penalty, a couple of months ago (sorry, cant remember who against)
anyway he was named MOM and when he was presented with his bottle of bubbly, he just laughed and said "how can i be MOM, when i missed a penalty" he then walked away shaking his head as if it was a chore to have to carry that bottle and that whoever decidied he was MOM was an idiot.

At that moment i went right off him, how about thankyou very much, you arrogant spanish prick!

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
Fabregas was calling for a very clear and deserved red card, not too dissimilar to what every single team in the county does. Especially after his centre back gets a ridiculous red card. Blind post.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Fabregas was calling for a very clear and deserved red card, not too dissimilar to what every single team in the county does. Especially after his centre back gets a ridiculous red card. Blind post.

How can you call the Arsenal red card ridiculous? The guy was blatantly body checked and he would have been through one on one with the keeper!

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
clearly he likes arsenal too but besides the point everyone would ask for it - and if you say at withdean when everyone chants OFF OFF OFF OFF

and the players surround the ref, again dumb post...

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Can't blame him really. It was as clear a red card as you will ever see. Scandalous that it wasn't given. I'd be waving a card as well. Clarke had to go. He knew what he was doing when he tried to grab bendtner and it was enough to knock him out is his stride. Clear pen. Clear red.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
I used to listen to people slagging off Flabbergas and think they were wrong and that he was a fantastic player...
... then i watched a game where he played bloody well but missed a penalty, a couple of months ago (sorry, cant remember who against)
anyway he was named MOM and when he was presented with his bottle of bubbly, he just laughed and said "how can i be MOM, when i missed a penalty" he then walked away shaking his head as if it was a chore to have to carry that bottle and that whoever decidied he was MOM was an idiot.

At that moment i went right off him, how about thankyou very much, you arrogant spanish prick!

Really? That made you dislike him. It was a light hearted moment of self deprecation. Better than having to listen to the mindless English player "yeah, well erm...it's a team game...erm...we all gave 110%...erm...could have go e either way but we deserved it in the end" etc etc.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Really? That made you dislike him. It was a light hearted moment of self deprecation. Better than having to listen to the mindless English player "yeah, well erm...it's a team game...erm...we all gave 110%...erm...could have go e either way but we deserved it in the end" etc etc.

Yeah really, if it was meant to be a lighthearted moment of self depreciation as you put it, then it certainly didnt come across that way to me, or to the blokes in the studio afterwards for that matter.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Yeah really, if it was meant to be a lighthearted moment of self depreciation as you put it, then it certainly didnt come across that way to me, or to the blokes in the studio afterwards for that matter.

What, Andy Gray and Richard Keyes!! Hmmm. Wouldn't be to happy if I was aligning myself to them at the moment.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Its supposed to be a bookable offence though, calling for cards like that. Not very sporting is it.
?? The lad ran into the defender and there were covering players....
ClippedGull had it right, he was past the other centre back and on the way through, the full back was trying to recover but he'd never have got to the ball before the lad ran onto it.
Can't blame him really. It was as clear a red card as you will ever see. Scandalous that it wasn't given. I'd be waving a card as well. Clarke had to go. He knew what he was doing when he tried to grab bendtner and it was enough to knock him out is his stride. Clear pen. Clear red.
Really? He barely touched him. Bendtner was waiting for him to lay a single finger on him then threw himself over like Tom Bloody Daley. Don't get me wrong - if the ref gives a penalty he HAS to show a red there. But I don't think it was a penalty in the first place, just a standard shocking Premiershit dive. Ref got it wrong on both counts.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was the 86th minute and Arsenal were about to go 2-1 up against a 3rd division team, game over. They got their pen, so why make such a song and dance about red-carding the defender as well ? Yes ok, letter of the law and all that, but given the context, Arsenal hardly needed the reassurance of Huddersfield to be down to 10 men for the dying minutes of the game as well did they ? HOWLING in the refs face to send the guy off (3 match ban, thanks Fab), not really in the spirit was it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
what does Fabregas do? Harangues the ref, demanding the dismissal of the opponent, a third division defender for crying out loud.

Seems a tad patronising?! What does the fact he's from the third division have to do with anything?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I just hate players trying to get other players carded.

Just sod off and let the referee decide. And the crowd :D

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I find players waving imaginary cards at the referee one of the most nauseating pieces of unsportsmanlike behaviour there is.

Irrespective of whether the rules dictate a given action should result in a yellow or red card, it's the referee's decision. Reminding a referee of his obligations is one thing; to do it in a manner which is not just for the ref's attention, but for everyone whose attention he is seeking (the entire crowd), as if he has the high moral ground in the matter, should be seen for what it is - cheating. Going out of your way to get a fellow professional sent off is an appalling way to behave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here